Elementary Teacher Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Elementary School Teacher | [email protected] | (876) 543-2109 | 321 My Road, Cincinnati, OH 10987
March 11, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Hassan,
Leading my school’s Heritage Day to celebrate our students’ cultures and backgrounds was my most important career achievement to date. Parent and student feedback demonstrated that the initiative made every child feel valued and fostered respect for others. I hope to demonstrate the same innovative thinking and community awareness as an elementary teacher in ReGeneration Schools.
As a dedicated teacher with 2+ years of experience delivering outstanding lessons to diverse cohorts, ReGeneration Schools’ commitment to closing the opportunity gap in Ohio’s education system motivates me. My recent achievements show that I have the skills and knowledge necessary to make a valuable contribution to this aim. These include:
- Using tailored support to ensure that all economically disadvantaged students in my class achieved results on par with their peers in 2020
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to improve cultural representation in the school’s English curriculum
- Securing more than expected progress for 65% of my first-grade class in mathematics and 68% in English
I would like to discuss how my driven work ethic and excellent pedagogical knowledge can help secure incredible outcomes for your students in 2021. I am available for an interview at your convenience.
P.S. I would love to explain how my extracurricular reading club increased student engagement and raised attainment by 23%.
Elementary School Teacher | [email protected] | (321) 098-7654 | 432 My Road, Tallahassee, FL 32109
March 10, 2021
Dear Ms. Chang,
Leading a project to set up a Forest School initiative that provided outdoor learning opportunities to vulnerable students was my proudest achievement in 2020. I hope to use my holistic teaching approach and innovative curriculum design skills to benefit the students at the Maclay School.
I understand that you are looking for a reflective practitioner with the vision and enthusiasm to lead a thriving year group department. As a teacher with 7+ years of classroom experience and a proven track-record for colleague mentorship, I believe that the following accomplishments demonstrate my ability to deliver results:
- Planning and leading a school-wide staff training scheme to improve phonics teaching and promote engaging teaching practices
- Adapting the third-grade writing curriculum to increase accessibility for students with dyslexia, leading to a progress improvement of 76% for this group
- Consistently achieving the highest possible scores during observational assessments by the principal for classroom management, differentiation, and learning outcomes
I am keen to discuss further how my broad teaching experience and positive leadership can help the Maclay School secure outstanding results for every student in 2021. Please feel free to suggest a suitable time to meet.
P.S. I would love to tell you how I successfully closed the attainment gap for students from low-income families in my class last year.
Elementary School Teacher | [email protected] | (876) 543-2109 | 789 Address Avenue, Tallahassee, FL 21098
March 9, 2021
Brownsville Preparatory Institute
Dear Ms. Bell,
In 2020, my second-grade class all achieved their predicted assessment grades, with 54% exceeding expectations. I believe that my motivational teaching style and talent for delivering engaging lessons contributed to their incredible progress. I hope to use my skills and considerable experience to help the children at Brownsville Preparatory Institute excel.
As a dedicated teacher with more than 12 years’ experience and a concentration in music, Brownsville Preparatory Institute’s reputation for enriching the elementary curriculum through the arts appeals to me. I believe that the following achievements demonstrate that I can become a valuable member of the teaching staff:
- Receiving a personal letter of thanks from the Mayor for my choir’s performance at the Springtime Tallahassee Music Festival
- Training and mentoring two trainee teachers to achieve the highest grades in their practical placement, with one joining the school in a permanent position
- Improving my school’s mathematics provision for children with SEN, leading to a 67% progress increase for this group across 2019 and 2020
I look forward to meeting you to discuss how my inspiring leadership and outstanding teaching practice can benefit the staff and students at your school. I am available to attend an interview at your convenience.
P.S. I would love to explain why I was appointed mathematics subject lead in 2018.
Elementary Teacher Cover Letter Checklist
Your elementary teacher cover letter should include five key elements:
1. Heading. Using a stylized template can help emphasize your basic information. You should include:
- Your name, job title, and contact info
- The date of application
- The recipient’s details
2. Salutation. Address the hiring manager by name, such as Mr. or Ms. [last name]. Use the greeting “Dear Hiring Manager” if the hiring manager’s actual name is unavailable.
3. Introduction. Your introduction should introduce yourself and express your interest in the job.
4. Body paragraphs. Include your relevant professional experience, skills, education, and accomplishments. Highlight important points and make your resume more attractive by writing your details in bullet points.
5. Closing section. The conclusion is the call to action for the hiring manager to invite you for an interview. For a bonus opportunity to highlight your qualifications, add a postscript with a notable achievement.
The introduction section of your cover letter is your opportunity to impress the hiring manager. Use this section to introduce yourself and state your interest in the position and the school. Include a notable achievement in your introduction to ensure that you stand out from other applicants. This achievement should be quantifiable and demonstrate to the hiring manager how you meet the required skills and experience for the job. Avoid vague facts about your experience. Instead, be specific about how you meet the job’s qualifications.
As an elementary teacher with five years of classroom experience, I am well qualified for this position.
The body paragraphs of your cover letter should express your appreciation and respect for the hiring organization. Specify what makes this job attractive to you and why it would be a good fit.
The next paragraph should describe your relevant successes. This may include educational degrees or certifications, promotions, or successful projects that you led. Pair each success with a positive outcome so that hiring managers can quantify how you may contribute to this position.
With over five years of elementary teaching experience, I’m interested in the opportunity to contribute to the success of students at Oceanside Elementary School. Oceanside Elementary School’s known commitment to teaching students to be confident and successful is a perfect fit for my dynamic teaching style.
I’m excited to bring my passion for education to Oceanside Elementary School. My past successes include:
- Instructed all academic subjects areas for classrooms up to 30 students, fostering individual interests and curiosity amongst students
- Planned, created, and delivered innovative lesson plans to Grade 6 students, evaluating and revising lesson plans to facilitate individual student needs
- Observed and evaluated students’ progress and performance and achieved a 13% higher performance over the school district average
- Recognized for ability to identify and support students demonstrating behavior problems, becoming a school leader in classroom behavior management
- Developed innovative teaching methods for classrooms with both general education and learning challenges students to create an inclusive and supportive classroom environment
- Instructed students in all academic subjects areas
- Planned, created, and delivered lesson plans
- Evaluated students progress and performance
- Developed classroom teaching methods
To make a final compelling impression on the hiring manager, close your cover letter with a call to action that prompts them to invite you for an interview. Avoid simply thanking the hiring manager for their time and consideration.
You can also emphasize your skills and qualifications by including a postscript underneath your closing section that describes one last relevant accomplishment. This format draws the eye and helps elevate you above other candidates.
I’d like to meet with you to discuss how I can bring further success to Oceanside Elementary School and its impressive students and staff. Please contact me with a date and time that best suits your schedule.
P.S. I’d love to tell you about how I won “Teacher of the Year” in 2017.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope to discuss my qualifications with you and learn more about the elementary teacher role.