Construction Worker Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Lonnie R. Snavely
Drywall Worker | [email protected] | (000) 123-4567 | 431 Simple Road, East Lansing, MI 48823
January 1, 2021
CEO & Hiring Manager
Customized Building Design & Remodeling, Inc.
Dear Mr. Flanders,
In my 3+ years of experience installing and finishing drywall, my supervisors have called me a model employee for my reliability and willingness to try new things. I see that you are urgently seeking a drywall installer & finisher, and I’d love the opportunity to contribute to your company’s ongoing success in this position.
In my apprenticeship, I’ve developed the skills to perform my tasks with precision. I have solid skills in:
- Collaboration: I can work with ceiling tile installers and fellow drywall installers to build walls.
- Measurements: I can read designs and blueprints and saw, drill, or cut holes in panels accordingly.
- Application: I know how to smooth away excess plaster, cover nail and screw depressions, and sand areas for a smooth, seamless finish.
I’m confident that my skills and work ethic make me a great fit for your drywall team, and I’m ready to work as soon as you need me. Please feel free to contact me to set up a remote or in-person interview at your convenience.
P.S. – I’m sure that you’ll appreciate my excitement for working on stilts and scaffolding.
Construction Worker | [email protected] | (284) 593-2846 | 82 Acre Road, Cedar Rapids, IA 52338
June 2nd, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Shaw,
As a construction worker with eight years of industry experience, including power tools and team leadership experience, I have built a reputation as a knowledgeable and highly skilled worker. My dedicated work ethic and unique set of skills are qualities I hope to bring to the team at Ahrens Construction.
Ahrens construction is known for its exceptional working standards, highly experienced team, and dedication to reconstructing derelict buildings in the Cedar Rapids area. This ethos is what initially piqued my interest in the company.
As well as my extensive experience, some of my workplace achievements also hold me in good standing for this role. These achievements include:
- Assisted the project manager in leading a team of 30+ construction workers on a $1 million retail project
- Maintained a 100% safety record for eight years
- Trained five new construction workers
With my construction expertise and leadership experience, I think I would be an excellent addition to the Ahrens Construction team. For that reason, I would like to set up an interview to discuss my skill set further. I am available for an interview at your convenience.
P.S. I’d also love the opportunity to tell you about how I have been voted employee of the month 12 times in eight years!
Construction Worker | [email protected] | (526) 937-6258 | 7 Tree Lane, Livingston, MT 59047
June 1st, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Canyon Mountain Construction
Dear Ms. Watkins,
As a construction worker with ten years of experience working on multi-million dollar retail and municipal construction sites and an additional five years of experience in residential development, I have developed a range of relevant skills, which I think make me the ideal candidate for the construction worker role at Canyon Mountain Construction.
I was initially interested in the position at Canyon Mountain Construction due to the company’s focus on employee wellbeing and staff retention. The firm’s reputation for first-rate services and dedication to sourcing the most up-to-date and efficient equipment only further my interest in the company.
I believe my working values and personal ethos align perfectly with that of Canyon Mountain Construction. In addition, I pride myself on several working achievements, including:
- Training 20+ new team members over the last eight years
- Responsible for projects with budgets of over $1.5 million
I think I am the ideal candidate for the position at Canyon Mountain Construction. Therefore, I would like to arrange an interview to discuss further how my skills and experience can benefit the company.
P.S. I would also love to tell you about how I helped my current company become nominated for the prestigious Build America Award!
Construction Worker Cover Letter Checklist
All great construction worker cover letters cover the following points:
1. Heading. Using an attractive template gives a professional look and helps your application stand out. The heading should mention:
- Your name, job title, and contact details
- The date of writing
- The hiring manager’s name, job title, and contact information
2. Salutation. If you know the hiring manager’s name, you should address them by it- Dear Mr. or Ms. [Last Name]. An acceptable alternative is “Dear Hiring Manager” if you can’t find this information.
3. Introduction. Your introduction should capture the hiring manager’s interest, introduce yourself, and state your intention to apply for the role.
4. Body paragraphs. The main body of your cover letter should detail your qualifications, professional experience, and relevant achievements. Setting out your accomplishments in bullet points is eye-catching and helps the hiring manager quickly get a feel for the scope of your abilities.
5. Closing section. Finish your cover letter with a strong CTA, requesting the hiring manager to get in contact to arrange an interview. Adding a P.S. at the end with a bonus accomplishment is an effective way to draw attention to your key selling points.
The introduction section is your opportunity to get the hiring manager’s full attention and state your intentions. An effective technique for building interest and engagement is to pick the most compelling achievement from your resume and use it as an attention-grabbing opener. Try to pick an achievement where you can demonstrate a measurable result with hard statistics instead of vague statements about your experience or responsibilities.
As an experienced construction worker with 5 years of service under my belt, I think I’m the perfect candidate for RF Jordan & Sons Construction.
Start the body paragraphs of your cover letter by explaining why the company you’re applying to appeals to you and why you feel the role is a good fit for you. Be sure to explain exactly why you want the job.
You should also detail the qualifications, achievements, and professional experience that most clearly demonstrates your suitability. Pick the most impressive points from your resume, ideally accomplishments that you can back up with a quantifiable outcome. This makes it straightforward for the hiring manager to see what you have to offer and how successful you are likely to be.
With over 5 years of experience working on fast-paced residential building sites and a detail-oriented work ethic, RF Jordan & Sons Construction’s reputation as an industry leader appeals to me. I would relish the opportunity to use my outstanding technical knowledge to help your company achieve its goal of building 500+ new homes before 2023.
My recent accomplishments include:
- Being selected to lead teams of up to five colleagues to erect scaffolding and other building structures, exceeding 65% of time-sensitive deadlines
- Training six new hires on hazard detection and prevention strategies, reducing workplace injuries by 76% over three years
- Receiving praise 4x during annual performance reviews for excellent communication skills
I know that you are looking for an experienced construction worker to join your team. I have 5 years of experience and think that I would be a great addition to your team.
I currently hold the following responsibilities:
- Erecting scaffolding and other structures
- Clearing debris and reporting hazards to the site manager
- Transporting materials to the correct site zones using forklifts and other machinery
Finish your cover letter by asking the hiring manager to contact you to set up an interview. You can think of this section as a call to action (CTA). This technique is more assertive and effective than just thanking them for considering your resume.
Adding a P.S. at the end of your letter with a final important accomplishment that you’d like to explore in the interview is a powerful method for securing the hiring manager’s interest and making them want to find out more. It also draws attention to your most significant professional achievements.
Please feel free to contact me to arrange a convenient interview. I look forward to discussing how my exceptional efficiency and health and safety knowledge can benefit your organization.
P.S. I would like to explain why I was voted Employee of the Month in March 2020.
Thanks for taking the time to read my letter. I want to explain more about my experience and look forward to learning more about RF Jordan & Sons Construction.