Business Analyst Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Prospective Business Analyst | s.smithyouremail.com | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Broad Road, New Brunswick, NJ 11111
January 1, 2021
Dear Mr. Arc,
After graduating with honors from the Brunswick School of Business, I am looking for a chance to launch my career at a cutting-edge organization like ROI Solutions. Additionally, I believe my coursework and extracurricular activities have shown me how to use my eye for detail to help a company thrive.
Your organization’s stated corporate values—reliability, philanthropy and excellent client service—are ones that I’ve admired since I began researching companies during my time in school. I believe these past achievements show how I can help uphold those values:
- I served as vice president of my school’s Business Leaders of Tomorrow chapter and on my campus’s Volunteer Board
- My GPA was in the top 3% of my graduating class, featuring perfect marks in all business analytics courses
- One of my senior projects, which involved a business simulation, won the school’s Outstanding Student Submission of the Year award in 2020
I am hopeful for the chance to talk with you about your organization’s goals and how I can help achieve them. At your convenience, please feel free to contact me to set up a discussion.
Sally Smith, B.S.
P.S. One of my professors called me a “business software savant,” and there’s a great story behind why!
Business Analyst | [email protected] | (128) 754-2846 | 33 Sydney St., San Antonio, TX 78206
April 29, 2021
Department Hiring Manager
Big Business Corp.
Dear Mr. Jack Smith,
I am a Business Analyst with three years of industry experience at System One and a master’s degree in Business Analytics from the McCombs School of Business. During my time at System One, I have been dedicated to eradicating unnecessary expenditures, which has resulted in a 12% increase in company profits over two years.
The factors that initially piqued my interest in the Business Analyst position at Big Business Corp. are the company’s reputation for financial success and the firm’s dedication to creating a positive employee environment that promotes productivity and work satisfaction.
As a business analyst at Big Business Corp., I am confident I can be an asset to your team and optimize your business spending. My previous accomplishments in this field include:
- Outsourced business processes resulting in a 12% decrease in unnecessary company expenditure
- Conducted regular error detection tests on client data resulting in a 15% error reduction and improved business insight accuracy.
I look forward to discussing how my unique skill set can help your team achieve even greater future successes, and I am available for an interview at your convenience.
P.S. — I’d also like to tell you about how I was nominated for the Business Analyst of the Year Award.
Business Analyst | [email protected] | (123) 456 -7890 | 123 Main Street, Orlando, FL 12345
January 1, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. White,
I believe that my data-driven background will align closely with your future plans at ABC Tech. The system engineering and IT business analytics skills I acquired during my seven years as a business analyst can help take ABC Tech to the next level.
Throughout the course of my career, I have proven on multiple occasions that I can take the initiative and lead projects to a successful end. I planned and directed a range of complex procedures from proposed mergers and acquisitions to organizational restructures and product launch proposals.
My career highlights include:
- Developed new customer communication protocols that saved the company over $1,2 million on an annual basis
- Instituted new frameworks and SCRUM methodology to improve the workflow process, which increased productivity by 27%
I would love to discuss the ideas and plans I have for ABC Tech to help it reach a new level in the industry. Please feel free to contact me with a time and date that suits your schedule.
P.S. I would like to explain how I improved customer feedback scores by 36%.
Business Analyst | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Number Ave., Charlotte, NC 28105
January 1, 2021
Dear Mr. Arnoldson,
During my time with my current organization, I have earned multiple promotions and commendations as a result of my diligent work. It would bring me joy to continue that record of excellence by filling EEE Manufacturing’s open Business Analyst position.
I’ve long admired EEE Manufacturing’s reputation for high-quality work and excellent client relations. It is my opinion that my analytical and communication skills make me an ideal fit for your organization.
I’d be thrilled for the chance to leverage my abilities on EEE Manufacturing’s behalf. Here are examples from my past successes.
- Researched and then recommended new digital marketing strategies, which resulted in a 10% decrease in marketing costs while keeping returns steady
- Provided weekly briefs to executives on current external market conditions and internal business performance
- Streamlined a supply-procurement process, leading to annual savings of $98,000
I’d appreciate the opportunity to discuss in more detail how my talents can let me seamlessly slot into your organization’s Business Analyst role. I am available at your convenience, so please don’t hesitate to contact me with an ideal time for you.
Reggie Ricardo, M.B.A.
P.S. One executive called me a “lifesaver,” and I’d love to share why!
Business Analyst Cover Letter Checklist
A strong cover letter for business analysts should include five main elements:
1. Heading. Using a stylized template can help emphasize your basic information. You should include:
- Your name, job title, and contact info
- The date of application
- The hiring manager’s details
2. Salutation. Address the hiring manager by name, such as Mr. or Ms. [last name]. Use the greeting “Dear Hiring Manager” if the hiring manager’s actual name is unavailable.
3. Introduction. Use this element to introduce yourself and express your interest in the job in a compelling way that grabs the hiring manager’s attention.
4. Body paragraphs. Include your relevant professional experience, skills, education, and accomplishments. Highlight important points and make your resume more attractive by writing your details in bullet points.
5. Closing section. The conclusion is the call to action for the hiring manager to invite you for an interview. For a bonus opportunity to highlight your qualifications, add a postscript with a notable achievement.
Your cover letter’s introduction should express your interest in the business analyst open in an intriguing way. Pick one of the most impressive accomplishments from your resume and write it into your introduction. It’s important to describe your accomplishment in a way that’s quantifiable and clearly demonstrates your skills and experience. Avoid vague facts that can be found in your resume.
With over six years as a business analyst, I’m well qualified for the position with Blossoms Incorporated.
The first body paragraph of your cover letter should express your interest in the job. Detail why this job is attractive to you and what makes the organization appealing to work for.
The second paragraph should describe your relevant achievements. This may include education, certifications, promotions, or projects you’ve led or contributed to. Use quantifiable terms and pair each achievement with a positive result so that the hiring manager can see what kind of success you can contribute. Avoid discussing any vague or nonspecific accomplishments.
As a business analyst with over six years specializing in the financial sector, I’m interested in the opportunity to contribute to Blossoms Incorporated’s commitment to innovative business practices.
My previous successes include:
- Analyzed financial and other related data to create readable and workable reports and recommendations for business processes, leading to an over 15% increase in revenue growth over just one year
- Developed solutions to improve business systems’ cost-efficiency, resulting in a 10% margin improvement over consecutive years
- Performed interviews and analysis to create a 100% accurate business database, helping to determine business needs and strategies on a forecasted and systematic basis
- Led testing and launching of new business initiatives, exceeding all expectations for client-set KPIs and revenue by 20%
- Analyzed financial and related data to create reports and recommendations for business processes
- Developed solutions to improve business systems’ cost-efficiency
- Performed interviews and analysis to create a business database
- Led testing and launching of new business initiatives
Your closing section should include a call to action that calls for an interview with the hiring manager. Requesting an interview shows the hiring manager that you’re ready for the next step and keeps them from dismissing your application. Don’t simply thank the hiring manager for their time.
For a final good impression, include a postscript beneath your closing signature that features one more relevant accomplishment. This strategy draws the hiring manager’s eye and reinforces your qualifications, which is important when you need to stand out from the competition.
I’d like to discuss how my qualifications would be a valuable addition to Blossoms Incorporated and its impressive reputation for innovative and modern business practices. Please feel free to contact me with a date and time for an interview.
P.S. I’d love to tell you how I once saved a client over $100,000 with one simple change.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope to hear from you soon.