Bartender Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Bartender | email@example.com | (746) 535-7563 | 43 My Road, Providence, RI 24680
May 5, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. George,
Last year, I was singled out by name in 24 Google reviews for my friendly service style and attention to detail. My dedication to exceeding guest expectations and strong knowledge of food pairings helped me provide impressive customer experiences, and I look forward to showcasing these skills as a bartender at Fleming’s Steakhouse.
As a cocktail expert with two years of experience, Fleming’s Steakhouse’s reputation for creating modern and innovative beverages motivates me. I believe that my career achievements demonstrate that I have the skills and knowledge necessary to become a productive member of your service team. These include:
- Being trusted to train five new hires to boost their understanding of ideal wine and cocktail pairings for different menu items
- Creating over 40 bespoke cocktails for parties based on detailed guest briefs
- Consistently ranking in the top 10% of staff members for productivity and customer satisfaction
Please get in touch to arrange an interview to discuss how my knowledge and abilities can generate impressive profits and provide memorable experiences for your guests.
P.S. I am excited to tell you why I was promoted after just six months of service.
Bartender | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 9999 Olive St., New Orleans, LA 77777
April 1, 2021
NOLA Famous Bar
Dear Miss Smith,
During my two years of employment at Old Magazine Street Bar, I won the monthly newly created cocktail sales challenge three times. My bubbly personality also helped me land approximately one dozen new, weekly repeat customers whose consistent spending raised the annual revenue of the bar by roughly 10 percent.
I would now like to bring my passion for mixology and excellent customer service to NOLA Famous Bar. I know that you’re looking for a full-time licensed bartender who is dependable, trustworthy and knowledgeable about the French Quarter bar scene. As your new hire, I can:
- Wait on upwards of 300 people per night while remaining calm, collected and upbeat
- Help to reduce bar waste by adhering strictly to beverage pour guidelines
- Create new, exciting new cocktail recipes that are inspired by current social drinking trends
Can we please set up a meeting that allows me to explain further how I can bring my talent and charisma for bartending to NOLA Famous Bar? I would love to meet at your earliest convenience.
P.S. I’d love to tell you how I won the Best New Bartender in the French Quarter Award!
Bartender | [email protected] | (432) 109-8765 | 456 Main Road, Providence, RI 31086
May 5, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
The Capital Grille
Dear Ms. Lee,
In 2020, I generated a system that slashed average waiting times in half. I strategically collaborated with colleagues when preparing orders to boost speed and productivity. I am excited to display similar innovation as a bartender at The Capital Grille.
As an energetic and efficient bartender with two years of experience, I am drawn to the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment like The Capital Grille. My latest accomplishments show that I have the guest service skills and detailed beverage knowledge to make a valuable contribution to your organization. These include:
- Designing and promoting two themed Christmas cocktails that boosted bar orders by 32% during the holiday period
- Providing informal mentorship and support to three new hires in 2020 to help boost their service and product knowledge
- Achieving a steady satisfaction rating of 99%+ throughout my employment
I would like to meet to discuss how my driven work ethic and outstanding organizational skills can help create incredible experiences for your guests. I am available for an interview at your convenience.
P.S. I would love to explain how I generated over $1,000 of additional revenue through beverage upselling in March 2021.
Bartender Cover Letter Checklist
You should include the following features in your bartender cover letter:
1. Heading. A professional template gives your application a slick, appealing aesthetic and catches the employer’s attention. The heading should include:
- Your full name, professional title, and contact details
- The date of writing
- The hiring manager’s name, title, and contact information
2. Salutation. Addressing the hiring manager by name gives a confident first impression- Mr. or Mrs. [Last Name]. If you don’t know their name, “Dear Hiring Manager” is fine.
3. Introduction. Introduce yourself in the first paragraph and clarify why you’re interested in the position.
4. Body paragraphs. Include a couple of paragraphs with a concise summary of your skills and experience. Highlighting your main selling points with bullet points makes the information easier to absorb and helps hold the reader’s attention.
5. Closing section. The hallmark of an effective closing section is a compelling call to action. Ask the hiring manager to get in touch to schedule an interview. You may also wish to consider adding a P.S. highlighting an extra professional accomplishment or educational achievement to leave a memorable impression.
The opening section of your cover letter should introduce you as a professional and state your intention to apply for the job opening. It’s essential to get the reader’s attention, so consider starting with the most impressive achievement from your resume. This trick is most compelling if you pick one that you can quantify with hard statistics. Steer clear of bland information like your length of service and instead focus on demonstrating your skill level and effectiveness.
As an experienced bartender with a talent for making cocktails, I would love the opportunity to work at Kalahari resorts.
Begin your body paragraphs by explaining why the employer’s organization appeals to you and what draws you to the position. Detailing why the company is a good match for your values and experience helps the hiring manager visualize you in their team.
Include a bulleted list of the most significant highlights from your resume. Ideal examples of what to list include qualifications, leadership experience, or examples of when you’ve shown the strong customer service skills required to be an outstanding bartender. Ideally, you should quantify your skills by backing up each point with statistical evidence.
As an innovative and ambitious bartender with 5+ years’ experience working in high-end venues, the Wilderness Resort’s reputation for championing modern and diverse beverages excites me. I believe that my creativity and attention to detail make me the ideal fit for your organization.
I hope to use my skill set to create incredible experiences for your guests in 2021. My most significant accomplishments include:
- Researching and promoting a new range of craft ales, creating a food pairing tool that increased beer sales by 23% last year
- Mentoring five new employees to increase their confidence when explaining the flavor and ingredients of the bar’s wine list
- Organizing and leading a cocktail event to attract new customers, boosting the bar’s regular clientele base by 13%
I know you want an experienced bartender with a good knowledge of a wide range of beverages. I have over 5 years of experience and think I would make a great addition to your team.
My duties include:
- Suggesting food and wine pairings to customers
- Assisting the manager with onboarding new hires
- Making a wide range of cocktails to a high standard
Your closing section is just as crucial as your introduction, and it’s your chance to snag an all-important interview. Use this opportunity to include a call to action where you directly request an invitation to meet with the hiring manager.
You can make your closing paragraph even more impactful by including a P.S. with a bonus selling point that you’d like to explore at the interview. This writing technique helps signpost the hiring manager to your accomplishments and leaves them wanting to find out more.
I’m excited to meet you to explore how my extensive beverage knowledge and outstanding customer service can help the Narrow Bridge Brewhouse achieve its goals. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch to schedule an interview.
P.S. I look forward to explaining why I was selected to run a server training session in March 2021.
Thanks for reading my letter. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.