Marketing Manager Resume Examples
Years of Experience
123 Your Street, Columbus, OH 12345
Agile and UX-trained marketing professional and recent graduate with 1.5+ years in product marketing and management. Earned “Marketing Employee of the Month” twice and helped drive over 2 million new visits to the company’s site between 2019 and 2020.
Key Skills/Knowledge Areas:
- SWOT Analysis
- UX Design
- Social Media
- Time Management
- Constructive Feedback
Bachelor of Arts in Marketing with a minor in Consumer Psychology, 3.8 GPA
University of Pennsylvania Philadelphia, PA, September 2015 – May 2019
- Marketing Strategy Models
- Strategic Brand Management
- Business Decision Making
- Agile Scrum
- Consumer Analytics
Associate Product Marketing Manager, 23andMe, Mountain View, CA
June 2020 – Present
- Serve on a team that was responsible for driving over 2 million new visits to site between 2019 and 2020.
- Write, refine, and distribute content usable across company communication platforms including web, social media, advertising, public relations, and sales materials.
- Review and provide product-related feedback to content writers, project managers, and other marketing staff.
- Test and improve ad copy messaging based on product expertise.
Product Marketing Specialist, 23andMe, Mountain View, CA
June 2019 – May 2020
- Improved product marketing literature and sales tools on a monthly basis.
- Trained sales teams on value and vision of products.
- Created sales and marketing materials for product launches.
- Earned “Marketing Employee of the Month” twice for positive attitude and innovative ideas.
123 Your Street, Charleston, SC 12345
Highly-educated marketing and communications professional with three years experience in marketing. Google Analytics and HootSuite-certified individual, talented at developing strategic partnerships and managing others. Recipients of AdAge South Carolina award for Best B2B Campaign.
Key Skills/Knowledge Areas:
- Public Relations
- Team Building
- Social Media
- Adobe Creative Suite
Master of Arts in Integrated Marketing and Management Communication
FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY Tallahassee, FL, May 2018
Bachelor of Science in Strategic Communication, Concentration in Social Media Management
LIBERTY UNIVERSITY Tallahassee, FL, May 2016
- Google Analytics IQ Certification, 2018
- HootSuite Social Marketing Certification, 2017
Content Marketing Manager, United Way, Charleston, SC
August 2019 – Present
- Create, maintain, and delegate assignment for an editorial calendar for web, email, and social media platforms.
- Supervise two employees and occasionally freelancers.
- Led SEO optimization efforts for the website, which improved organic search visits by 30%.
- Establish guidelines and templates for brand use to protect the United Way brand.
- Develop effective media relations and train marketing associates in this area.
Marketing Associate, Sunbelt Rentals, Charleston, SC
June 2018 – July 2019
- Created and implemented strategies and campaigns that engaged all levels of stakeholders.
- Translated data into actionable information for sales and social media teams.
- Worked with subject matter experts to design and execute more effective marketing strategies.
- Received local Ad Age award for Best B2B Campaign.
- Spearheaded three strategic partnerships with other businesses in the region.
123 Your Street, Columbus, OH 12345
Enthusiastic retail marketing expert with 7+ years of experience. HubSpot Content Marketing Certified and capable in both in-house and agency environments. Impressive email campaign click-thru rates, at 20% above industry average, and a history of managing multimillion dollar budgets.
Digital Marketing Manager, Vera Bradley, Fort Wayne, IN
March 2019 – Present
- Manage marketing strategy and execution across a variety of channels and complete in-depth review for improvements monthly.
- Partner with the merchandising team to coordinate product highlights across digital efforts to ensure cohesive messaging.
- Plan and execute an annual budget close to $3.5 million dollars, including media buying.
- Conceptualize and carry out email strategy which resulted in 25% click-thru rate (20% above industry average).
Online Marketing Associate, CeraVe, Indianapolis, IN
July 2013 – August 2015
- Managed marketing CMS and trained 12 others to do so.
- Assisted with tracking campaign execution, ROI, and brainstormed ideas for improvement.
- Oversaw copywriting, editing, and web content for SaaS clients.
- Encouraged other team members, delivering notes of encouragement to 2-3 individuals each week.
Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA, Chapel Hill, NC, May 2013
- Market Forecasting
- Decision Making
- Employee Recognition
- Customer Relationship Management
- HubSpot Content Marketing Certification, 2016
123 Your Street Santa Monica, CA 12345
Experienced leader and brand marketing professional with 10+ years in healthcare marketing and a history of growing business’ customer bases significantly. Executive MBA graduate who successfully manages multimillion dollar budgets, serves as a thought-leader via Forbes column, and is comfortable supervising up to 10 direct reports.
VP of Brand Marketing, GoodRX, Santa Monica, CA
April 2019 – Present
- Manage and balance department’s $5.2M budget.
- Develop new brand slogans and ad campaigns and assure overall brand consistency.
- Maintain position as industry thought-leader, writing a monthly column on best brand marketing practices for Forbes.
Director of Brand Marketing, Doctors on Demand, San Francisco, CA
April 2015 – March 2019
- Grew customer base by 28% over two years.
- Planned and oversaw the company’s content strategy, including social media, blogging, videos, and public relations.
- Supervised and mentored 6 direct reports.
- Identified opportunities for growing brand visibility, recognition, and engagement in current and new markets.
Assistant Director of Marketing, Healthcare Ambulatory Marketing, Cupertino, CA
September 2011 – July 2015
- Designed and implemented three multi-channel brand marketing campaigns.
- Assessed all marketing for consistency across brand touchpoints.
- Improved homepage design for user experience.
- Managed day-to-day communication with an outside public relation agency.
Senior Brand Manager, BetterHelp, Silicon Valley, CA
April 2008 – August 2011
- Earned community growth of over 250K fans across all social media platforms in two years.
- Researched competitor activities, consumer markets, and market trends.
- Translated brand elements into plans and go-to-market strategies.
- Measured performance of marketing campaigns and assessed ROI and KPIs.
- Developed informative and engaging content for internal and external communication, such as blog and intranet articles.
Bachelor of Arts in Advertising
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, Los Angeles, CA, May 2006
Masters of Business Administration – Executive Program
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, Los Angeles, CA, May 2008
Key Skills/Knowledge Areas
- Online Advertising
- Managing Leadership
- Ability to Delegate
- Receives Feedback Well
Common Key Skills and Action Verbs for Marketing Manager Resumes
Emphasizing your key skills and related action verbs on your resume is critical to reaching the next step of the hiring process. Recruiters and hiring managers tend to rely heavily on Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) in order to pinpoint ideal candidates from the hundreds of other resumes they usually receive for each open position. Once a company receives your resume, it’s sent through an ATS, which scans and appraises it based on how many keywords and phrases match those of the organization’s ideal applicant. Only if the ATS passes your resume is it sent on to a hiring manager. So, the more key skills and action verbs you incorporate into your resume, the more likely a hiring manager will view it and invite you to an interview.
|Key Skills & Proficiencies|
|Constructive feedback||Consumer research and analysis|
|Professional mentoring||Project management|
|Survey development||SWOT analysis|
|Team building||Time management|
|User experience||Verbal communication|
Tips for Writing a Better Marketing Manager Resume
Feature your leadership abilities
As a marketing manager you’re in charge of some or all of your company’s or client’s promotional goals as well as the individuals working under you. Doing this job well requires excellent leadership skills. Frequently, this includes your ability to hire, train, and motivate others.
Outstanding feedback on employee engagement surveys, high retention rates, and effective training programs are just a few positive indicators of your ability to lead that you might want to include.
Was well liked by employees and improved retention numbers.
Maintained a solid employee engagement percentage, even occasionally improved it.
Showcase your marketing education achievement
Education matters when applying for a job in marketing, but many hiring managers recognize that not all learning occurs during lectures. They want to see how you apply what you’ve learned and where you stand among your peers. Thus, many potential employers find accomplishments you made while completing your degree just as important as the name of the school you went to. As you develop your resume, make sure you highlight two areas for each education entry — your general information and the details that make you unique. For example, if you’re applying for a position as a marketing manager of a hospital system, list your school, location, degree earned, and graduation year then include any related coursework, projects, award, or experiences.
- Co-led “Leading and Motivating Teams,” a two-day public seminar for 50+ individuals
- Published a research paper on overcoming consumer bias in healthcare marketing
- Vice President of Healthcare Marketing Club, 2009-2010
- Member of Culinary Club, for students interested in culinary marketing
- Graduated a semester early
- Developed a full marketing campaign for a local business’ new product.
- Member of Ad Team, who won nationals once and regionals three times.
- Historian of Chi Omega sorority.
- Minored and earned a 4.0 in English Literature.
How to Align Your Resume With the Job Description
Companies that are hiring marketing managers want candidates with a specific blend of experiences and skills, depending on the type of marketing and the staffing gaps the department needs to fill. For example, some companies, especially smaller ones, prefer their marketing managers have a strong understanding of graphic design. Others may care less about design and more about skills like market forecasting. Some simply ask that you have a well-developed writing or ad campaign portfolio.
As you apply for positions, help yourself stand out among the many other marketing manager applicants by spending a few extra minutes reviewing each post and ensuring the resume you submit mirrors the job description’s details.
Unsure which skills and experiences to feature? Keep in mind that the most important requirements for the job are typically listed first in the job posting or, in some cases, mention them more than once. Once you have gone through and identified these keywords for the job you are interested in, go back and naturally sprinkle these words through your resume.
Also, make sure your resume makes it exceptionally clear how you can specifically be of use to your potential employers. Do this by focusing primarily on your best attributes and your notable contributions. Most importantly, avoid using vague, copied-and-pasted descriptions.
Example Marketing Manager Job Description
Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen is a team-oriented environment searching for an experienced Marketing Manager who is an expert in the digital customer experience, especially social media for business. This individual must also demonstrate top-notch verbal and written communication skills. We offer excellent healthcare options, three weeks of vacation, and the option to work remotely most Thursdays and Fridays.
- Create a cohesive digital customer experience that drives sales through our website, search, social media, and email.
- Serve as digital marketing subject matter expert for the entire company.
- Use Adobe Creative Cloud apps to develop or make edits to advertising or social media images.
- Supervise five individuals directly and oversee a department of approximately 30.
- Analyze and report on digital marketing outcomes on a daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonally basis and make adjustments to improve ROI.
- Select, manage, and guide the work of in-house and freelance employees.
- Plan, organize, and oversee events and fundraisers in coordination with 150 Cheddar’s locations around the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 2-3 years of marketing experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience supervising at least three employees
- Top-notch verbal and written communication skills
- Strong grasp on social media use for business
- History of using a content management system
- Committed to working as a team
- Demonstrates extraordinary time management
Based on the job description, the ideal job applicant should have the following skills and/or experience:
- Communication skills
- Team oriented
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Social media for business
- Digital customer experience expert
Now, scan your resume for the words you highlighted in the job description. If they aren’t already included, add them. Use the example below as a guide for how to incorporate them in your resume to your advantage:
Marketing Manager Work Experience Example
Dunkin’ Donuts, October 2016 – Present
- Became known as an expert in social media for business after rapid growth of the company’s social media channels.
- Provided company-wide webinar on how the digital customer experience affects Dunkin’ Donuts’ sales.
- Designed graphics to enhance social media posts daily using Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Encouraged team-oriented environment by frequently asking for suggestions from employees and all levels and genuinely listening.
- Supervised four direct reports.