Social Media Manager Resume Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
123 Address Rd, Anywhere, USA
A Social Media Manager with six years of experience executing dynamic marketing campaigns across a variety of platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Pinterest. A proven track record of refining content strategy and incorporating videos, photos, and media to enhance campaign performance.
Marketing Associate, Darby Lanes, Philadelphia, PA
May 2019 – Present
- Manage all marketing activities for an enterprise company valued at $20M, including social media, content creation, SEO, and SEM
- Create content for blog posts, landing pages, and social media campaigns to support marketing objectives for new technology products, contributing to a 30% increase in annual sales
- Manage Facebook and Twitter accounts, increase followers from 300K to 4M over a three-year span, and grow an Instragram account to over 500K followers within one year
Marketing Intern, Small Co Ltd, Philadelphia, PA
May 2016 – August 2018
- Led weekly meetings with the marketing team to discuss campaign performance, identify solutions to pain points, and develop new strategies to increase user engagement
- Developed innovative social media strategy to align content with target audiences, resulting in a 150% increase in engagement across Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Content marketing
- Digital marketing
- Google Analytics
- Microsoft Office
- Social media
Bachelor of Arts, Advertising/Public Relations, Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
August 2012 to May 2016
123 Address Rd, Anywhere, USA
A Social Media Manager with eight years of marketing experience, specializing in brand messaging, content strategy, Google Analytics, and cross-functional leadership. A strong history of managing and executing high-impact social media campaigns to drive product sales and brand exposure. Adept at analyzing market trends and consumer demographics to increase engagement amongst target audiences.
Social Media Manager, Xpert Associates, Pittsburgh, PA
May 2014 – Present
- Executed social media campaigns across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, developed engaging content, aligned visuals and photos with brand messaging, and grew followership by 50%-150% YOY
- Led a team of six digital marketing and social media specialists to create high-impact content for social media marketing campaigns, which included aligning posts with brand messaging and new product launches
- Develop social media strategy to expand reach across all platforms, identify new opportunities, and spearhead marketing initiatives on Snapchat and TikTok
Social Media Analyst, Sprout, Pittsburgh, PA
July 2011 – April 2014
- Worked to determine the efficacy of social media campaigns across all platforms, including Facebook and Twitter, to inform the evolution of plans
- Used Google Analytics and in-house tools to analyze performance across social media campaigns
- Tracked metrics including engagement, conversion rates, social sharing, social buying and click-through
- Used reporting tools to collect information and present it to team leads and executives
Bachelor of Science, Marketing, Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
August 2007 to May 2011
- Account management
- Corporate reporting
- Google Analytics
- Microsoft Office
- Social media analytics
- Social media management
123 Address Rd, Anywhere, USA
A Social Media Manager with 10+ years of experience, specializing in go-to-market strategy, content writing, brand marketing, and SEO. A proven track record of leveraging social media platforms to drive conversion rates, improve online engagement, and increase e-commerce sales. Adept at leading diverse marketing teams to enhance campaign performance and achieve corporate objectives.
Social Media Strategist, Elevate Media, Philadelphia, PA
May 2015 – Present
- Define strategic direction of marketing campaigns, manage a $600K annual budget, identified opportunities to improve distribution, and refine messaging and content based on target audiences
- Collaborate with senior leadership to align social media marketing campaigns and blog posts with corporate goals during a large-scale rebrand
- Create specialized marketing campaigns targeting Gen Z and millennial web users for a new product line, resulting in a 300% increase in followership on Twitter and Instagram
Marketing Associate, XYZ Media Resources, Philadelphia, PA
June 2008 – May 2015
- Defined social media strategy for an in-home fitness product line, analyzed consumer demographics, and developed campaigns to support new product launches, contributing to a 300% increase in sales
- Managed a diverse team of 10+ social media specialists and interns, defined workflows, and provided coaching and mentorship to support professional development
- Analyzed KPIs for social media campaigns across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to refine social media strategy, resulting in a 200% increase in followership
Bachelor of Arts, Communication, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
August 2006 to May 2010
- Digital Marketing
- Google Analytics
Common Key Skills and Action Verbs for Social Media Manager Resumes
In the past, HR was usually the first stop for resumes after applying for a job opening. Today, most large companies use an applicant tracking system, or ATS, to handle the heavy lifting in the early stages. Instead of reading tens or even hundreds of resumes, HR teams now rely on ATS software to make initial screening decisions. This means that a resume that doesn’t contain the right skills and keywords may be automatically rejected by an ATS.
While keywords can vary greatly from one social media job to another, these action verbs and skill sets can be an asset for many different jobs.
|Key Skills & Proficiencies|
|Content calendars||Content creation|
Tips for Writing a Better Social Media Manager Resume
Quantify Social Media Campaign Performance
As with many fields, marketing runs on metrics. Things like click-through or conversion rates are highly prized by employers, offering a verifiable and quantifiable way to evaluate the success of a particular campaign. When describing prior tasks on your resume, be sure to use statistics to demonstrate your abilities as often as possible.
There are many ways to assess social media performance. By highlighting a particular campaign — driving engagement, for example — and explaining the outcome — such as increased engagement of 57% — it’s easy for hiring managers to best assess your skills and accomplishments in a concrete, quantifiable way.
Worked with marketing leadership to develop a campaign to increase website conversion rates, eventually increasing conversions by 16% versus the prior quarter.
Supported a campaign to increase website conversion rates
Created a series of targeted Facebook advertisements to reach out to millennial buyers, resulting in a return on investment of $4.72 per each dollar spent.
Built a series of Facebook ads in a campaign designed to target millennial buyers
Demonstrate Knowledge of Latest Trends
Social media is an ever-moving landscape. Today’s social media managers need a thorough knowledge of the old classics, like Facebook and Twitter, as well as the newest platforms, like TikTok. An inability to adapt to the ways in which the market is changing means an inability to capitalize on the evolving face of social media, and this can mean costing an employer valuable growth potential.
When drafting your resume, include references to both sites on which employers rely as well as new and growing options. This helps illustrate your unique knowledge better than a degree can and can ease an employer’s concerns about potentially missing out on the next big thing. However, don’t neglect to mention your experience with Facebook or Instagram expertise. Hiring managers still need to know that you are comfortable with platforms of all kinds.
Led a targeted Snapchat campaign that increased followers on the platform to a total of 100,000 and increased overall social media engagement by 7%.
Implemented a revamped social media strategy in order to increase engagement among teens and college students across modern platforms.
Launched a corporate TikTok account, expanding reach among young adults in Generation Z by 11% and successfully showcasing products in a fun, engaging manner.
Managed profiles on social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and additional platforms.
How to Align Your Resume With the Job Description
Attracting attention from employers is the primary purpose of a resume. However, in a competitive field like social media marketing, a resume that’s just good enough may not be enough to impress a hiring manager. As such, it’s highly recommended that candidates customize their resumes with each application.
Instead of sending the same resume to every single job opening, read through each posting in detail and determine the most important skills and qualifications an employer wants to see. Then, update your resume to feature these concepts front and center, demonstrating that you have the knowledge and experience necessary to excel in an open position.
Social Media Manager Job Description
Lightweight, Inc., is seeking a passionate social media manager to join our team of expert marketers. This person will play a key role in ensuring success across all social media platforms, using corporate objectives and company promotions to create thoughtful, compelling and effective campaigns. The social media manager will answer to the Director of Marketing.
- Partner with overarching marketing team to develop and execute winning social media strategies
- Create, edit and publish engaging stories on a daily basis across multiple different social channels, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Manage a content calendar detailing key dates and required publications, including posts, stories and promoted advertising
- Research new and evolving trends in social media to keep the company’s online activity relevant and engaging
- Analyze online performance, keeping track of trends to determine successful strategies and effective campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- At least four years of experience in social media marketing
- A thorough understanding of current platforms and best practices
- Content production experience
- Experience with Google Analytics and other performance evaluation tools a plus
From reading this job description, it is possible to isolate the skills and experiences this employer prioritizes, including:
- Creation and implementation of social media strategies
- Content creation and publication
- Knowledge of many different platforms
- Content calendar development and management
- Online performance analysis, including use of Google Analytics
- An ability to keep up with current trends
- Work with other social media leaders in the organization to create winning social media campaigns across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat
- Publish posts across all social media accounts per the social media calendar, including images, video, live video and stories
- Partner with team leads to create effective marketing plans that target corporate goals and objectives
- Manage social media marketing performance using Google Analytics
- Research the changing face of social media, including new trends, best practices, evolving platforms and valuable strategies required to resonate with fans and followers
Taking this information, a previous social media job can be customized to exemplify the desired qualities outlined above.
Social Media Manager Work Experience Example
Social Media Associate, Spelling Corp, Atlanta, GA
April 2017 – Present