Front Desk Medical Receptionist Resume Examples
Years of Experience
Zoe C. Morrison
(123) 890-1234 | [email protected] | 555 NW Main Way, Houston, TX 77007
Experienced in providing high-quality customer service in a fast-paced environment. Adapt readily to new work challenges and conditions. Consistently exceed manager and client expectations. Currently completing an intensive training program on clinical medical assistance.
- Customer Service & Relations
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Social Media Management
- Team Collaboration
Clinical Medical Assistant Program, University of Houston Downtown, online | 2021 to Present
Graduate, Seven Lakes High School, Houston, TX | 2019
Crew Member, Sal’s Burger Place, Houston, TX | July 2019 to Present
- Courteously greet and interact with guests
- Handle cash, debit, and credit transactions with 0% errors
- Following procedures for safe food preparation and sanitation
- Assist shift supervisors with inventory control
- Build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and supervisors
Social Media Specialist (freelance), Houston, TX | May 2019 to Present
- Manage editorial calendars for 2 small business clients’ daily Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter posts
765 Main Avenue, San Francisco, CA 20194
Hardworking Front Desk Medical Receptionist with more than a year of experience providing quality customer service in a fast-paced ophthalmology clinic. Skilled communicator and ready collaborator. Strong knowledge of appointment booking systems and medical administration procedures.
- Appointment Management
- Billing & Invoicing
- Customer Service & Relations
- Efficiency Improvement
- Microsoft Office Suite
Associate of Science — Healthcare Administration, University of San Francisco, CA | 2019
Front Desk Medical Receptionist, Glaucoma Associates of Northern California, San Francisco, CA | July 2019 to Present
- Courteously greet and direct patients to the correct location
- Help senior administrators generate accurate bills and invoices
- Forward incoming email and mail correspondence to the correct practitioner
- Achieved a consistent 5-star service rating
- Maintained 100% accuracy booking and rescheduling appointments in department’s online scheduling system
Call Center Representative, Alpine Home Air Products, San Francisco, CA | September 2018 to July 2019
- Processed up to 90 inbound calls per day and facilitated customer queries following proper phone etiquette
- Kept accurate records on clients’ project requirements to pass to specialists
- Followed a strict service script and protocol to ensure consistent, effective assistance
- Collaborated with team to determine most suitable products and services for each inquiry
- Achieved 98% positive feedback from clients
(123) 456-7890 | [email protected] | 789 Third Street, Miami, FL 12345
Dedicated Front Desk Medical Receptionist with 8+ years of experience in multi-physician practices and hospitals. Empathetic and courteous in all communications with patients. Expertly manage patient records, office supply inventory, and daily administrative functions in a fast-paced setting.
Front Desk Medical Receptionist, Miami Central Hospital, Miami, FL | September 2015 to Present
- Greet all patients and capture their personal, medical, and insurance information
- Leverage medical coding and communication skills to advocate on behalf of patients with medical insurers and HMOs
- Use EMR software to manage patient records and files
- Schedule appointments with secondary providers on behalf of patients
- Manage office supply inventory, placing new orders as needed
- Assist patients in scheduling non-emergency appointments and surgeries
Front Desk Medical Receptionist, Fort Lauderdale Family Medical Center, Fort Lauderdale, FL | June 2013 to September 2015
- Greeted and checked in all patients
- Scheduled, rescheduled, and verified patient appointments
- Maintained daily appointment schedule for 9 general physicians
- Ordered required diagnostic tests and communicated the results to patients
Graduate, Stonehill High School, Fort Lauderdale, FL | 2013
- Data Gathering & Entry
- HIPAA Rules & Regulations
- Medical Terminology, Coding & Billing
- Patient Communications
First Aid and CPR, American Red Cross | 2016
(746) 729-1038 | [email protected] | 123 My Road, San Diego, CA 93847
Senior Front Desk Medical Receptionist with 10+ years of experience providing quality administrative support in major San Diego hospitals. Recognized for highly organized, punctual, and attentive service to patients. Confident leader skilled in personnel training and performance management.
Senior Medical Front Desk Receptionist, Rady Children’s Hospital of San Diego, San Diego, CA | September 2015 to Present
- Coordinate the appointment booking and professional meeting schedule
- Maintain patient records, performing regular reviews to ensure utmost accuracy
- Oversee, develop, and performance-manage a team of 5 administrative staff
- Train new hires on key administrative processes and patient service skills
- Introduced scheduling process improvements that raised efficiency by 84% in 5 years
Medical Receptionist, UC San Diego, San Diego, CA | July 2010 to September 2015
- Courteously answered and forwarded phone and email queries to the correct department
- Monitored and replenished inventory of office supplies
- Achieved and maintained a 99.5%+ patient satisfaction rating
- Coordinated the billing and invoicing process with 100% accuracy
Associate of Science – Healthcare Administration, Pima Medical Institute, Chula Vista, CA | 2010
- Customer Service
- Leadership & Mentoring
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Phone & Email Communications
- Scheduling & Appointment Management
Common Key Skills and Action Verbs for Front Desk Medical Receptionist Resumes
Medical receptionist jobs tend to attract high volumes of applications, and it’s often impossible for hiring managers to review each resume in detail. Therefore, many turn to Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to scan for the most important key skills and action verbs and flag the most promising jobseekers. Weaving as many of the following keywords and phrases into your resume as you can will improve your chances of getting your prospective employer’s attention and securing an interview.
|Key Skills & Proficiencies|
|Appointment management and scheduling||Attention to detail|
|Customer service||Microsoft Office Suite|
|Phone and email etiquette||Teamwork|
|Time management||Written and verbal communication|
Tips for Writing a Better Front Desk Medical Receptionist Resume
Spell out your results
Each of your duties has some positive influence, helping your company succeed in the short and long term. Speak to that broader impact in your job descriptions, and you’ll strengthen your resume greatly.
Even if you can’t recall examples or data to quantify a work area, that doesn’t mean you have to word it as a basic duty. You can always state the general, intended result or value of the duty in question. Try simply adding the phrase “in order to” at the end of the duty statement, then jotting down whatever general purposes or outcomes you think of (and then delete “in order” from your final resume for brevity).
You might be surprised how much stronger the revised statement is – just as important, it’s a more accurate record of your work’s value.
Show your soft skills
These may include:
— Customer service for patients arriving at the hospital or doctor’s office.
— Collaboration with medical practitioners to ensure seamless daily operations.
Provided courteous support to patients and answered queries promptly, achieving a 99%+ satisfaction rating over 4 years.
Collaborated with 3 colleagues to streamline information distribution, reducing communication delays by 34%.
How to Align Your Resume with the Job Description
Hiring managers advertise positions with their ideal candidate already in mind, and they usually include detailed job descriptions to attract the most relevant candidates. Including as many of the key competencies mentioned in the job description as possible when writing your resume makes it easy for employers to see how you can deliver on their must-haves. It can also make your resume shine among large volumes of generic applications.
It’s generally straightforward to figure out what the organization’s priorities are. Hiring managers tend to list the most essential factors and qualifications first and may repeat them for emphasis. Check that your resume mirrors the skills and responsibilities set out in the job description. Stick to concrete examples of your experience, ideally with hard numbers to back them up, and avoid vague summaries of your duties.
Example Front Desk Medical Receptionist Job Description
Care4You is one of the leading private healthcare providers in California and was named one of the top 10 companies for employee wellbeing in 2020. We are seeking a detail-oriented individual to join our front-of-house administrative care and provide outstanding customer service for our valued patients.
- Answer patient queries via telephone, email, and in-person
- Direct mail and email communication to the correct departments and manage outgoing mail
- Maintain an organized and professional office environment
- Monitor office supplies stockand place orders for replenishments
- Maintain accurate patient records and perform regular reviews
- Schedule patient appointments
- High school diploma; associate’s degree in business administration is strongly preferred but not essential
- At least 2 years of experience in a medical administrator role
- High standards of written and spoken English
- Impeccable telephone etiquette
- Strong team player
The above job description specifies that the employer wants to hire someone with the following skills:
- Attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Answering patients’ questions
- Professional telephone communication
- Communications management
- Maintaining an organized office
- Supplies management and ordering
- Record keeping
- Reviewing patient information
- Appointment scheduling
Once you know what the hiring manager is looking for, you can tailor your professional experience to demonstrate how you fit the bill. Here’s an extract from a resume written to answer the job ad above.
Front Desk Medical Receptionist Work Experience Example
September 2017 – Present
- Answered the office phone professionally and directed calls to the correct department, scoring 98% on the patient service survey
- Performed monthly supplies stocktakes and negotiated with vendors to save over $3k on stationary costs in 2020
- Optimized the office’s appointment scheduling system to reduce errors by 98% over four years
- Worked collaboratively with a team of three colleagues to review patient records for accuracy