Management Consultant Resume Examples
Years of Experience
2414 Melville Street, Nashville, TN 38301
Ambitious management consultant with a Master of Business Administration from one of the United States’ top five programs. Holds a Bachelor of Science in Economics, and has more than a year’s experience interning with the nation’s number one management consultancy firms.
Master of Business in Administration (MBA)
VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY Nashville, TN, September 2019 – August 2021
Bachelor of Science in Economics
BELMONT UNIVERSITY Nashville, TN, September 2015 – June 2019
- Public Speaking
- Strategic Business Development
- Corporate Financial Management
- Management of Organizations
- Business Ethics and Responsibility
- Internship In Management
- Quick Learner
- Statistical and Financial Analysis
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Exceptional Performance Under Pressure
Consulting Intern-Management (Part-Time), Deloitte, Memphis, TN
August 2020 – Present
- Serve on management advisory projects for financial and healthcare institutions.
- Perform research and data analysis for client report presentations.
- Develop operation guides for clients and their employees to promote and maximize operational efficiency.
- Assist in preparation of balance sheets, income statements, productivity (KPI), and sales reports on a bi-weekly basis.
- Reduced client labor expenses and increased staff productivity by devising and helping put new organizational structures into place.
3523 Tree Top Lane, Pittsburgh, PA 19108
Hard-working management consultant who is an IT expert and former systems analyst with an MBA in Business Technology Management from Carnegie Mellon University. Recognized for speed, quality, and reliability for work at both Mckinsey and Highmark.
Management Consultant-Technology, McKinsey & Company, Pittsburg, PA
December 2020 – Present
- Design strategies for companies looking to break into, or stay competitive in, the global electronic economy.
- Named “Business Technology Management Consultant of the Year” at McKinsey’s Pittsburgh Branch in 2020 for outstanding and consistent project outcomes.
- Identify and assess complex business and technology risks, create performance indicators, and plan for transitions to new processes.
- Highly requested by clients for work on information technology solutions to common business problems.
IT Systems Analyst, Highmark, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA
September 2018 – November 2020
- Avoided system failure and reduced downtime by evaluating, monitoring, and correcting system network problems.
- Remained in the top three out of 85 company analysts for speed in resolving issues.
- Designed, built, and maintained databases for a variety of internal products.
- Collaborated with the scrum team to ascertain and suggest designs or solutions for projects.
Master of Business Administration
CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY, Pittsburgh, PA, January 2016 – May 2018
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI Columbia, MO, January 2012 – May 2016
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Microsoft Excel
- Relationship Building
- Information Technology
- HTML, Java, PHP
2544 Ridge Road, Raleigh, NC 27615
Certified Management Consultant and Certified Public Accountant who excels as a leader in L.E.K Consulting’s change management division. Serves as a consultant and industry expert in financial services. Excellent technical writing skills and impressive ability to thrive in high-pressure environments.
Manager, L.E.K. Consulting, Raleigh, NC
August 2018 – Present
- Broke the L.E.K Raleigh office’s client project acquisition record for a single quarter during my first six months as a manager.
- Coach senior executives on Agile method at 15 Fortune 500 companies.
- Contribute to white papers that explain goods, services, and solutions to the common concerns of financial corporations and organizations.
- Provide leadership and guidance for more junior consultants within Financial Services.
Senior Consultant, L.E.K. Consulting, Raleigh-Durham, NC
August 2016 – July 2018
- Presented risk assessments and recommendations to client executives using Keynote and Prezi.
- Identified critical data needs and instituted suitable data collection processes, analytical techniques, and reporting formats.
- Helped client implement new organizational structure which reduced labor costs and maximized staff productivity.
- Assisted in set up and maintenance of Oracle professional communities for multiple clients.
Staff Accountant, KPMG, Charlotte, NC
September 2014 – July 2016
- Aided in the production of tax returns for various corporations.
- Updated training program for new accountants as an off-season project and enabled new employees to complete the course in three weeks rather than six.
- Completed approximately 450 sales tax returns.
- Prepared license renewals for businesses, including fee calculations.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA Chapel Hill, NC, August 2012-July 2014
Bachelor of Business in Accounting
SIERRA NEVADA UNIVERSITY Incline Village, NV, September 2008 – May 2012
- Financial Analysis
- Data Collection
- Business Strategy
- Certified Management Consultant (CMC®), Institute of Management Consultants, 2016
- Certified Public Accountant, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, 2010
219 Magnolia Street, Seattle, WA 98104
Accomplished management consultancy principal with 10+ years at globally recognized firms. Specialized in operational change management for aviation and auto industry clients. Known for my exceptional communication and project management skills. Responsible for impressive client results, such as 20% reduction in wait time, $5 million savings in productivity, and a 35% improvement in customer satisfaction scores.
Principal, Bain & Company, Seattle, WA
September 2017 – Present
- Spearhead design and implementation of lean techniques for various aviation clients’ baggage check-in, reducing wait time by as much as 50%
- Cultivate and strengthen client relationships by providing outstanding value, consistency, quality, and reliability.
- Oversee production of and present aviation client-facing deliverables, including reports, research papers, and presentations for top-ranking airline executives.
- Partnered with senior leadership to assist American Airlines in improving flight operations, ultimately resulting in a 23% reduction in departure delays.
Manager, Bain & Company, San Francisco, CA
June 2013 – August 2016
- Led a team of 10 other management consultants in brainstorming options and employing solutions in order to optimize processes for clients in the aviation and auto industries.
- Developed and implemented new internal culture plans for a large automotive client and saw corporate employee satisfaction increase 32% over only 12 months.
- Increased Toyota’s online customer service department efficiency by nearly 40%.
- Produced and presented online seminars to keep client organizations informed about digital integration upgrades and adjustments.
Case Team Leader, Bain & Company, San Francisco, CA
July 2011 – May 2013
- Interviewed client personnel, observed daily operations, and analyzed processes to help reduce client waste.
- Assisted consulting team in reducing client’s customer service wait time by 10 minutes on average.
- Traveled 40% of each month for two years to meet with clients, present solutions, and train management teams and staff in new procedures.
- Created a demand forecasting model for the aviation industry that was consistently 85% accurate at minimum, which aided firm leadership in securing two additional clients.
Master of Business Administration in Strategic Management Consulting
UNIVERSITY OF INDIANA Bloomington, IN, August 2008 – May 2011
Bachelor of Business in Operations Management
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS Champaign, IL, August 2004 – May 2008
- Active Listening
- Project Management
- Statistical Analysis
- Supply Chain Management
- Technical Writing
- Time Management
- Certified Management Consultant (CMC®), Institute of Management Consultants, 2010
Common Key Skills and Action Verbs for Management Consultant Resumes
At many companies, before your resume is ever seen by a human, it travels through an applicant tracking system (ATS). An ATS is software used by employers to gather, sort, and rank resumes based on the keywords they contain. To ensure your resume progresses beyond an ATS, we gathered the common key skills and action verbs found in most management consultant job descriptions. Use these examples naturally in your resume to move past the ATS stage of candidate screening.
|Key Skills & Proficiencies|
|Clear Communicator||Conflict Resolution|
|Decision Making||Financial Analysis|
|Project Management||Quick Learner|
|Supply Chain Management||Statistical Analysis|
|Calm and Productive Under Stress|
Tips for writing a better management consultant resume
Quantify your management consulting experience on your resume
Quantifying your management consulting experience provides hiring managers a clearer picture of your interests, skills, and abilities. For help identifying quantifiable work experience, try answering the following questions about your professional activities, “how much?” or “how many?” For example:
- How many other consultants or analysts did you supervise?
- How much did you save the client?
- How much were the accounts you managed worth?
- How much did you increase client productivity, and how much did it improve their revenue?
- How much did you reduce downtime or increase productivity?
Saved client’s money by increasing call center productivity.
Helped bring in accounts worth a lot of money.
Write an eye-catching professional profile
Crafting a professional profile that illustrates your industry experience, achievements, and strengths is a terrific way to introduce yourself to prospective employers and help yourself stand out from the hundreds of other applications. As you’re writing, remember to quantify your accomplishments and skills as much as possible.
Experienced management consultant seeking a higher-paid position. Good with statistical analysis, building relationships, and problem-solving.
Management Consultant with experience. Graduated with good grades from recognized programs.
How to Align Your Resume With the Job Description
Supervisors in management consultancy comb through hundreds of resumes to identify candidates who meet their unique requirements. One way to ensure you make it onto their radar is to highlight experiences and skills in your resume that match those listed in the job posting. Follow the steps below to help you determine which words will be most effective at grabbing a potential manager’s attention.
- Revisit the job description and develop a list of the key skills based on the needs that your potential employer listed in the job posting. Experiences or strengths that are referenced more than once should be underlined, highlighted, or written down. Frequently, this means the employer considers them to be the most important.
- Examine your resume now, keeping in mind the words you jotted down from the job description. Cross off any words you’ve already used.
- Then, add the words from your list that aren’t already in your resume. Try to mix these words into sentences that include achievements.
If you’re still struggling with which words to emphasize, use the example below as a sample exercise for this process.
Example of Management Consulting Job Description
Accenture is searching for a management consultancy practitioner who has a passion for solving complex problems and experience working with Fortune 100 clients. In addition, applicants must be outstanding team players and relationship builders and open to frequent travel.
- Create recommendations for client’s issues by using complex problem solving to develop solutions.
- Alternate your home base between client locations and Accenture site. May require extensive travel.
- Interact with clients about opportunities for commercial optimization, cost reduction, and process improvement.
- Perform analysis of the particular problems as defined for the work stream, including identifying and prioritizing issues for further analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or closely related field; Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- MBA Preferred.
- Proficiency in Mavenlink project management software.
- Highly dependable.
- Essential core consulting skills, including research, analysis, presentation, and attention to detail, are well-developed.
- Ability to travel, if necessary.
According to the job description, the ideal job applicant has the following background/personal traits:
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with Fortune 100 companies
- Willingness to travel
- Mavenlink and other project management software
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Develop recommendations and solutions for clients
- Team player and relationship builder
After we identify the keywords in the job posting, we double-check that they are all included in our resume example, as seen below. Remember, it’s alright if you don’t have the experience to fit all the job requirements. That’s normal, and companies today prefer honest applicants over those who are deceitful about their work experience. Take a look at the example below to see how the highlighted keywords made it into a portion of the applicant’s resume.
Management Consultant Work Experience Example
Accenture, Arlington, VA, October 2019 – Present
- Demonstrated complex problem-solving skills by developing effective and innovative recommendations, which led to cost reduction and process improvements for three Fortune 100
- Used Mavenlink and similar software to manage projects
- Spent 50% of the month traveling to client offices.
- Worked as a team player, often staying late to help junior teammates who were struggling.
- Proved dependability by meeting 100% of assigned deadlines.