Photographer Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Photographer | [email protected] | (876) 429-7462 | 123 Main Road, Virginia Beach, VA 18573
May 7, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Nguyen,
Last year, I created a client referral scheme that boosted my bookings by 43% in a single fiscal quarter. I believe that my high-quality portfolio and talent for building a quick rapport with clients helped me achieve this result. I look forward to generating impressive revenues as a freelancer at Classic Photographers.
As a creative professional with 2+ years of experience shooting weddings, I am drawn to Classic Photographers’ reputation for superb customer service. I believe that my passion for combining cutting-edge techniques with diligent client care makes me the ideal fit for your company. My recent accomplishments include:
- Leading a team of three newly-graduated photographers to shoot a week-long wedding celebration in Bali
- Receiving a 100% client satisfaction rating in 2020
- Consistently scoring in the top 2% of photographers at my agency for image quality and efficiency
Please get in touch to arrange a suitable interview appointment. I look forward to exploring how I can leverage my skills to create unforgettable memories for your wedding clients in 2021.
P.S. I would love to explain why my work was featured in the March 2020 issue of Popular Photography.
Photographer | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 555 Pleasant Valley Drive, Nashville, TN
August 8, 2020
Director of Human Resources
Dear Ms. Oppenheimer,
In 2018, my portfolio project “Scenes of Hope” won first prize in the portrait photography category at the Savannah Arts Festival. The judges described my work as unique, creative, and insightful. They also praised my talent in using focus and lighting to create attention-grabbing portraits. Those are skills I want to bring to XYZ Creatives as a staff photographer.
The mission at XYZ Creatives is to use photography to tell a story. My portrait techniques can help your business achieve this mission. Since graduating from the photography program at Savannah College of Art and Design, I have spent the past two years taking headshots, graduation photos, and other portraits as a freelance photographer. In my free time, I volunteered my photography skills to take professional headshots for women fleeing domestic violence who needed to find employment.
These projects helped me develop key skills including:
- Connecting with photographic subjects
- Using color to create atmosphere
- Adjusting light and shadow to draw the eye
Portrait photography is my passion. I look forward to discussing how my work can benefit XYZ Studios with you.
P.S. — I’d love to tell you about other portrait projects like one I recently completed of cancer survivors for my local hospital.
Photographer | [email protected] | (874) 395-2948 | 754 First Lane, Montgomery, AL 43019
May 11, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Levison,
In my first year as a newborn photographer, I exceeded my individual sales targets by 76%. My warm and sensitive interpersonal style and ability to adapt my service according to each family’s needs allowed me to achieve this result. I am excited to demonstrate the same outstanding customer care as a photographer at Mom365.
As a creative and passionate individual with specific expertise in capturing images of babies and children, the chance to work for an industry leader like Mom365 is irresistible to me. My latest achievements show that I have the technical and soft skills to fit perfectly into your organization. These include:
- Achieving full marks during a recent spot check to ensure compliance with hospital and HIPAA regulations
- Receiving a personal email of thanks for creating beautiful images for a mother who had experienced a traumatic labor
- Consistently exceeding monthly productivity targets by at least 23% throughout my employment
I look forward to meeting you to discuss how my skills and 1 year of newborn photography experience can benefit your company and its customers. Please get in touch to arrange an interview.
P.S. I would love to tell you why I was named Employee of the Month by my manager in April 2021.
Photographer Cover Letter Checklist
Effective cover letters for photographers should include five main elements:
1. Heading. Using a stylized template can help emphasize your basic information. You should include:
- Your name, job title, and contact info
- The date of application
- The hiring manager’s details
2. Salutation. Address the hiring manager by name, such as Mr. or Ms. [last name]. Use the greeting “Dear Hiring Manager,” if the hiring manager’s name is unavailable.
3. Introduction. Use this element to introduce yourself and express your interest in the job.
4. Body paragraphs. Use two paragraphs to highlight your relevant professional experience, skills, education, and accomplishments. Highlight important points and make your resume more attractive by writing your details in bullet point form so it’s easier for the hiring manager to absorb.
5. Closing section. The conclusion is the call to action for the hiring manager to invite you for an interview. For a bonus opportunity to highlight your qualifications, add a postscript with a notable achievement.
Your introduction has two main purposes. The first is to express your interest in the job, while the second is to introduce yourself to the hiring manager in a way that grabs their interest. To make a strong opening impression, incorporate one of the top achievements from your resume into your introduction. Make sure you describe your achievement in quantifiable terms so the hiring manager can clearly understand how your qualifications fit the job opening.
I have over three years of experience as a photographer and would like the opportunity to work for your organization.
Your first body paragraph should explain why you’re interested in the photographer job role. Be specific when describing your interest. Don’t forget to detail what makes this organization attractive to work for so the hiring manager knows you’ve thoroughly researched the job and organization.
The second body paragraph should detail your relevant achievements to demonstrate your qualifications. As a photographer, you should include any notable education, successful projects, promotions, or any other relevant details. Be sure to use quantifiable terms that show the scope of your qualifications and how you can contribute to the organization. Avoid using any vague terms or generic descriptions.
With over five years of studio experience as a photographer, I’m excited about the opportunity to contribute to TrueLens Photography’s reputation for personalized, high-quality projects. TrueLens Photography’s attention to detail and commitment to meaningful projects is a perfect fit for my dedicated style of working.
I’m eager to bring my passion for photography to your team. My past successes include:
- Shot and edited over 300 studio portraits with a 97% customer satisfaction rate
- Planned and led photo shoots for five highly circulated magazines on a regular basis
- Completed a six-month educational course to strengthen and broaden my digital and technical skills, achieving a 100% final grade
- Trained and managed a team of seven photographers across a variety of field shoots
Your job description indicates the need for three years of experience in photography. I have over five years of experience and would like to work for your company.
My past experience includes:
- Shot and edited studio portraits
- Planned and led photo shoots
- Completed a photography educational course
- Trained and managed a team of photographers
Your closing section shouldn’t simply thank the hiring manager for their time and consideration. It should also act as a call to action and prompt the hiring manager to schedule an interview.
You can also add a postscript beneath your closing signature that highlights one final achievement. This strategy reinforces your qualifications and leaves a lasting impression on the hiring manager. The achievement in your postscript can be nearly anything, including awards or successful projects, as long as it’s relevant to the position.
I’d love to meet with you to discuss how I can contribute to TrueLens Photography’s commitment to client satisfaction. Please contact me with an interview time that works with your schedule.
P.S. I’d love to tell you how I won a photography contest in college!
Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope to hear from you soon.