Esthetician Resume Examples
Years of Experience
246 Main Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75319
A dynamic Esthetician with two years of experience delivering skincare and hair removal treatments to clients in a luxury spa. A proven track record of identifying ideal treatment methods based on individual needs. Adept at building rapport with clients and upselling cosmetic products.
Esthetician, The Woodhouse Day Spa, Dallas, TX
February 2021 – Present
- Prepare skin for hair removal, use threading and hot wax techniques to create a smooth result, build rapport, achieve an 85% client retention rate, and generate 91% positive reviews
- Perform initial consultations with clients, communicate with empathy and understanding, perform skin analysis, and develop appropriate treatment plans based on individual needs
- Apply cleansing and moisturizing facial treatments and recommend complementary take-home products from the salon’s range, achieving a 67% upselling rate in 2021
Esthetician, Avalon Spa, Dallas, TX
September 2019 – February 2020
- Analyze clients skin types and perform allergy patch tests to determine appropriate treatment in collaboration with experienced colleagues
- Educate clients on skincare products provide routines to facilitate at-home, and utilize upselling techniques to generate an additional $2K sales revenue per month
- Perform facial threading and body waxing using gentle techniques, achieving 95% positive feedback
- Texas Esthetician License, January 2020
- Hair Removal
- Client Relations
- Skincare Treatment
- Upselling Techniques
High School Diploma
SUNSET HIGH SCHOOL, Dallas, TX, June 2019
543 Address Lane, Bismarck, ND 48572
A passionate Esthetician with eight years of experience performing skincare and hair removal treatments in luxury salons. A proven track record of communicating empathetically with clients and building long-term relationships. Adept at facilitating a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere for a diverse client-base.
Esthetician, Broadway Center Spa and Salon, Bismarck, ND
August 2015 – Present
- Conduct skin consultations to identify customized facial, skin, and body treatments for individual customers, serve as a trusted advisor for clients, build rapport, and achieve an 86% repeat customer rate
- Leverage effective sales techniques to promote the salon’s home product range and provide education to clients on product benefits, resulting in a top 10% sales ranking YOY
- Deliver a safe, therapeutic experience to clients, facilitate a calming, inclusive atmosphere, and provide support to aid customers in achieving long-term care goals
Esthetician, Modern Esthetics, Bismarck, ND
May 2013 – August 2015
- Performed waxes and facial treatments, conduct skin analysis, develop treatment plans in alignment with client goals, and maintain a 97% customer satisfaction rate
- Developed long-term treatment plans in collaboration with clients, supported the implementation of a new loyalty program, and improved client retention by 40%
- Relationship Building
- Waxing Techniques
- Allergy Testing
- Health and Safety
- Facials, Chemical Peels, and Microdermabrasion
- North Dakota Esthetician License, The Salon Professional Academy, Bismarck, ND, April 2013
High School Diploma
SOUTH CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL, Bismarck, ND, September 2012
432 Main Road, Morgantown, WV 76567
A Senior Esthetician with 1o+ years of experience developing customized treatment plans for skincare, hair removal, and facials for a diverse client base. A strong history of nurturing talent and building teams for luxury spas and beauty salons. Adept at identifying opportunities to enhance the client experience.
Senior Esthetician, Amazing Lash Studio, Morgantown, WV
September 2013 – Present
- Act as a preceptor to local college students on practicum placements, assess technical and customer service abilities, identify areas of improvement, and provide coaching
- Mentor new hires and provide ongoing professional development training to increase student confidence while applying facial treatments and chemical peels
- Support clients with the most complex skin conditions, perform comprehensive skin analysis. develop customized skincare routines, and achieve a 98% client satisfaction rating
Esthetician, The Blennerhassett Hotel and Spa, Morgantown, WV
February 2008 – September 2013
- Delivered quality hair removal, facials, and skincare treatments to customers, maintained a warm and calming atmosphere, build long-term relationships, resulting in a 92% retention rate
- Applied cleansing and moisturizing facials, microdermabrasion, and chemical peel treatments on a wide range of skin types and performed routine sanitization to minimize infection risk
- Promoted a new loyalty membership program for the hotel spa, educated customers on benefits and cost savings, and achieved the highest amount of sign-ups across the team
- Facial Treatments
- Hair Removal
- Chemical Peels
- Consultative Selling
- Customer Service
- West Virginia Esthetician License, January 2008
High School Diploma
MORGANTOWN HIGH SCHOOL, Morgantown, WV, September 2007
Common Key Words and Action Verbs for Esthetician Resumes
When hiring managers need to sort through numerous esthetician resumes, they generally try to narrow down their options as quickly as possible. To do this, they conduct a quick scan for the most relevant keywords and action verbs for the role without reading each application in detail. Some employers use software called an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to do this job for them. It’s essential to include as many of the following keywords as possible if you want to catch their attention.
|Key Skills & Proficiencies|
|Chemical peels||Customer service|
|Knowledge of skin types||Problem-solving|
|Skin analysis||Time management|
|Waxing||Written and verbal communication|
Tips for Writing a Better Esthetician Resume
Highlight your technical knowledge and experience
Employers want estheticians with the knowledge and experience to perform a wide range of skin care and hair removal treatments safely and effectively. Showing that you are proficient in multiple procedures makes you more attractive to the hiring manager and shows that you have the skills necessary to choose the correct treatments for their clients. Quantify your experience wherever possible to help the employer get a feel for the scope of your abilities.
Performed up to ten waxing and threading treatments per shift, leveraging pain management techniques to secure an 87% rebooking rate in 2020.
Removed unwanted hair by waxing or threading.
Assessed clients’ suitability for procedures and performed complex injectable treatments, reducing adverse reactions by 23% through diligent screening.
Performed skin treatments using injectables.
Don't neglect your soft skills
When people visit an esthetician, they want more than just a successful procedure. Soft skills, such as communication and customer service techniques, help practitioners build a loyal client base and increase their profits. A strong sales ability is also crucial for maximizing revenues by upselling treatments and take-home products. Highlighting these skills on your resume with quantifiable results shows the hiring manager that you can safeguard the salon’s reputation and provide outstanding service that will make clients want to return.
Explained and demonstrated a range of products for home use, generating over $15k of additional revenue in 2020 and ranking as the salon’s top seller.
Up-sold the salon’s range of home skin care products.
Established a warm rapport with clients and answered their questions clearly, achieving a consistent 5-star satisfaction rating and 76% repeat customer average over three years.
Provided excellent customer service and answered clients’ questions.
How to Align Your Resume with the Job Description
Hiring managers have specific requirements for each role they advertise, and they use detailed job descriptions to help them find the most suitable candidates. Fortunately, the job description also makes it easier for you to figure out what matters most to the company and show how you can deliver their priorities in your resume.
Job descriptions tend to list the most important skills and qualifications first and may mention the most important points more than once, so it helps to highlight the skills with the most emphasis in the job ad. Weave as many of these points as possible into your resume and compare it to the job description to make sure it’s a good match.
Example Esthetician Job Description
BeautyFirst is one of California’s leading skin care and hair removal salon chains. We are looking for an expert esthetician to join our customer-focused team in our Los Angeles branch. The right candidate will have a strong sales track record and be an outstanding communicator. In return, we’ll reward you with some of the best hourly rates in the country.
- Assess client’s skin types and listen carefully to their problems and concerns
- Use your knowledge of skin types to suggest the most suitable solutions
- Perform hair removal using waxing and threading techniques
- Apply facial treatments, including cleansers, moisturizers, and chemical peels
- Answer clients’ questions to help them create an at-home skin care regime
- Upsell the salon’s range of skin care and hair removal products for home use
- Maintain a scrupulously clean and tidy treatment environment followinginfection control guidelines
- At least 2 years of salon experience
- California Esthetician License
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills
- Experience with injectables is strongly desired but not mandatory as training is provided
By reading the job description, we can see that the employer wants someone with the following competencies:
- Skin care
- Hair removal
- Cleansing and moisturizing
- Chemical peels
- Skin type knowledge
- Client assessment
- Listening skills
- Answering questions
- Customer service
- Cleaning and infection control
Once you know what matters most to the employer, you can create a resume that perfectly mirrors their requirements. The extract below is an example of a resume written to fit the job description.
Esthetician Work Experience Example
Esthetician, Soleil Beauty Salon, Los Angeles, CA
September 2015 – June 2019
- Performed initial skin type assessmentsand answered clients’ questions to help them choose the best treatment protocol, achieving a 98% customer service rating over three years
- Leveraged waxing and threading hair techniques according to clients’ needs and preferences, securing 80% repeat customers for hair removal treatments
- Applied cleansing, moisturizing, and chemical peel treatments following a rigorous pre-assessment process that reduced adverse reactions by 23% compared to the salon average
- Trained an average of six new hires per year to increase their confidence and expertise in administering injectables
- Upsold the salon’s at-home product range, ranking in the top 2% of sellers and generating an average revenue of $20k per year