Electrical Engineers Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Electrical Engineer Graduate | [email protected] | (890) 123-4567 | 234 Second Road, Denver, CO 90123
March 17, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Guest,
In my final year of study at the Metropolitan State University of Denver, I was the highest-scoring student for the Programmable Logic Controllers module. My assessors mentioned my in-depth technical knowledge and accuracy as their justification for awarding this mark. I hope to use my advanced skills to create innovative thermoelectric products at Berken Energy.
As an energetic and driven recent graduate with a keen interest in renewable energy technologies, the chance to work for an industry-leading company like Berken Energy appeals to me. My recent educational achievements demonstrate that I have the core knowledge and drive to excel. These include:
- Receiving a university commendation for my project on Power Generation Using Renewable Energies in 2019
- Earning praise from my professors for my committed learning attitude and strong work ethic four times
- Scoring in the top 10% of students for all coursework, including the Electric Power Distribution and Technical Programming Applications modules
- Please don’t hesitate to get in touch to arrange an interview to discuss how my abilities and excellent attention to detail can benefit Berken Energy in 2021.
P.S. I would love to explain how I achieved consistent scores of 90%+ for laboratory classes in my final year.
Electrical Engineer | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 55 Main Street, Lansing, MI 09876
March 1, 2021
Dear Ms. Rogers,
My proficiency in a wide range of computer hardware and software, including C/C++, Python, Java, AutoCAD, Revit, and MicroStation, combined with my strong knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC) and my passion for my work, has led me to consistently exceed management and client expectations.
I look forward to bringing my work ethic and dedication to MGN Consulting’s engineering department. A few of my greatest achievements during my three years at my previous company include:
- Cut average testing time by 42% by upgrading the old test system to a new system running on C++
- Reduced cost of IT infrastructure by 7% in 2020
- Was a core member of the team that identified the best concepts and implemented into production a new line of sensor systems
I would love to get together to discuss how my education and experience would benefit MGN Consulting. Please let me know when you are available.
P.S. I’d also like to tell you about how I won the Employee of the Month Award in September 2020 for my excellence, dedication, and willingness to always help team members with engineering questions.
Electrical Engineer | [email protected] | (123) 456 -7890 | 123 Main Street, Portland, OR 12345
January 1, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
XYZ International Engineering
Dear Ms. Logan,
In the past year, I have cut machinery replacement and repair costs by $25,000 at Naval Tech Engineering. This has been one of the proudest achievements of my career, and it took dedication and many hours of planning to achieve this goal.
I see that XYZ International Engineering is planning to focus heavily on heavy industrial projects, and this has been my specialty for the past eight years. I believe that my experience would make me a great asset to the team at XYZ International Engineering.
Some of the proudest achievements of my career have included:
- Introduced new and improved preventative maintenance programs that reduced unscheduled machine downtime by 39%
- Implemented new training programs that improved productivity by 16%
- Used my repair knowledge to extend the life of machines by at least 25%
I look forward to telling you more about my experience in repairing and installing heavy industrial machinery. I am available to talk at your earliest convenience.
P.S I would love to discuss my abilities in working with the latest technology systems.
Electrical Engineer | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Main Street, Orlando, Fl 12345
January 1, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
ABC Engineering Works
Dear Mr. Simons,
Achieving a 15% production cost reduction at TMI Engineering was one of the high points of my career. This outcome was certainly not easy to achieve and took months of planning and extra work hours.
I have over 12 years of experience as an electrical engineer, and I specialize in developing new processes, tools, and equipment. I see that ABC Engineering Works is hoping to expand its business to include new products, and I believe that I am the perfect candidate for the job.
Some highlights of my career include:
- Executed projects for major clients with a budget of over $150,000
- Optimized workflow to ensure that all projects were completed ahead of time and on budget
- Reduced the downtime of company systems by 18% through cost-efficient upgrades and maintenance
I would love to discuss how my experience would be a benefit to ABC Engineering Works in the coming years. Please feel free to contact me with a time that suits your schedule.
P.S. I would love to tell you about the system tests that I developed that dropped maintenance costs by 28%.
Electrical Engineers Cover Letter Checklist
Strong cover letters for electrical engineers should include five main elements:
1. Heading. Using a stylized template can help emphasize your basic information. You should include:
- Your name, job title, and contact info
- The date of application
- The recipient’s details
2. Salutation. Address the hiring manager by name, such as Mr. or Ms. [last name]. Use the greeting “Dear Hiring Manager” if the hiring manager’s actual name is unavailable.
3. Introduction. Use this element to introduce yourself and express your interest in the job.
4. Body paragraphs. Include your relevant professional experience, skills, education, and accomplishments. Highlight important points and make your resume more attractive by writing your details in bullet points.
5. Closing section. The conclusion is the call to action for the hiring manager to invite you for an interview. For a bonus opportunity to highlight your qualifications, add a postscript with a notable achievement.
The introduction of your cover letter is your opportunity to make a strong impression on the hiring manager. Use this section to introduce yourself and express your interest in the role and organization. Pick one of your top accomplishments from your resume and include it in your introduction. This accomplishment should be quantifiable so that the hiring manager can see how your qualifications meet the job requirements. Be specific, and avoid generic or vague facts.
With eight years of experience, I meet the job requirements for the position of Electrical Engineer.
The body paragraphs of your cover letter should express your specific interest in the electrical engineer position. It should also note your admiration and respect for the hiring company. Be specific in your description of why you want this job and why it’s a good fit for you.
Next, describe your relevant accomplishments. This may include educational degrees or certifications, career highlights, or any other successes or projects you’ve led or contributed to. Then, pair each accomplishment with a positive outcome. This helps to indicate your skills and experience to the hiring manager. Your achievements should be described in a quantifiable way to provide the hiring manager with the best understanding of your qualifications.
I have over eight years of experience as an electrical engineer and a background in scientific and technical service firms. Treehouse Tech’s focus on product excellence is an excellent fit for my work ethic and drive for innovation.
I’m interested in the opportunity to contribute to Treehouse Tech. My past successes include:
- Directed and oversaw engineering and production of equipment; improved efficiency by 30% over two years
- Designed, developed, and tested systems, meeting or exceeding all financial goals and ensuring 100% product quality
- Provided training and development to 25+ employees, ensuring all performance and reliability expectations were met or exceeded
- Involved in the full design cycle for projects up to $150,000
The job description for an electrical engineer indicates a requirement of five years of experience. I have eight years of experience and would like to work for Treehouse Tech.
Some of my past responsibilities include:
- Directed and oversaw engineering and production of equipment
- Designed, developed, and testing systems
- Provided training and development to employees
- Involved in full design cycles
A compelling cover letter should end with a call to action to the hiring manager. This should prompt them to schedule an interview. Don’t simply thank the hiring manager for their time and consideration.
To emphasize your abilities, include a postscript after your closing signature with a final notable achievement. This strategy may draw the hiring manager’s eye and intrigue them to invite you for an interview.
P.S. I’d love to tell you about how I won the Circuits Award in 2018.