Product Manager Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Product Manager | [email protected] | (111) 123-4567 | 123 Mainway St., Orlando, FL 32804
January 1, 2021
Human Resources Manager
Reach the Children
Dear Mr. Durrance,
Reach the Children’s life-changing work during my childhood inspired me to forge a career path that merges with the vision of your organization. I am confident that my education has equipped me to enhance your team as a Product Manager for South America Outreach.
While I double-majored in mechanical engineering and Latino culture at the University of Miami, my passion for improving the lives of underserved children grew along with my skill set. A four-week internship with Outreach360 enabled me to:
- Train native workers to produce a saleable product with gross revenue receipts of $250,000
- Encourage sales teams to increase client base
- Oversee factory specifications to ensure the safety and productivity of workers
I am eager to connect with you and discuss how I can contribute to Reach the Children’s mission of building the next generation. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to set up an interview.
P.S. – I’d love to tell you how my intercultural mentoring program at the Boys and Girls Club here has encouraged five middle school students to boost their grades and plan for college.
Product Manager | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Main Street, Miami, FL 12345
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Taylor,
In my current role at Cutting Edge Technologies, I have exceeded all proposed targets and increased revenue by 38% in the last quarter. I achieved this with a mix of hard work and innovative techniques to improve customer satisfaction.
I see that Oceanside Technical wants to increase its medical product line and push sales in the medical industry. The majority of the products that I worked with at Cutting Edge Technologies were aimed at the medical field, and I have experience in custom designing solutions for hospitals.
I have three years of experience in product management, and in that time, I have:
- Collected data from over 200 clients to fuel new and innovative designs
- Expanded market share by representing the company at events and meetings
- Worked on six new product launches
- Increased revenue each quarter by remaining focused on the clients’ requirements
I believe that I would be a valuable addition to your team. Please feel free to contact me with an interview time and date that suits your schedule.
P.S. I would like to explain my plans to increase revenue by 35% in the next six months.
Product Manager | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 22 Main Street, Topeka, KS 09876
March 1, 2021
Dear Mr. Smith,
Leading cross-functional teams to execute product development resulting in a yearly revenue increase of $1.2 million through increased engagement is one of my greatest achievements as a product manager. I am eager to bring that same level of success to JDM Services.
With eight years of experience, I am drawn to JDM Services’ high standards, commitment to lifelong learning, and reputation for autonomy for employees.
Some of my principal accomplishments include:
- Efficiently gathering information from various teams, analyzing the data, and succinctly summarizing the findings to be shared with stakeholders and management
- Coordinated project strategy and execution of products from concept to launch, including a top-selling product that generated over $9 million since 2018
- Recruited and developed a high performing team of 11 market consultants to fill product gaps and promote the product
I’d like to set up an interview to discuss how my experience and competencies are a good fit for your team. Please contact me at your convenience.
P.S. I’d love to tell you about how I accelerated the average processing times of transactions from 12 hours to less than 2 minutes.
Product Manager | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Main Street, New York, NY 12345
January 01, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Logan,
During the last financial quarter, I was able to meet and exceed all of my revenue targets by 110%. I achieved this through a combination of hard work and listening to the requirements of customers.
I see that ABC Technologies is looking to expand its market share in the medical industry. I have over 16 years of experience in overseeing the development of medical products from the initial idea conception to product delivery. In my current position at XYZ Design, I am directly involved in designing custom solutions for medical facilities, and I have a number of contacts within the industry.
During my time at XYZ Design, I have:
- Collected valuable customer data to fuel new and cutting edge designs
- Represented the company at meetups and conventions
- Managed a portfolio worth about $15 million in annual revenue
I would like to set up an interview to discuss how my past experience can help ABC Technologies to meet its future goals. Please feel free to contact me with a time and date that suits your schedule.
P.S. I would love to explain my plan to grow revenue by 27% over the next six months.
Product Manager Cover Letter Checklist
The best product manager cover letters contain five main elements:
1. Heading. This is where you list your name, title and contact details, plus the addressee’s details and the date you wrote the letter. Use a professional template so the information is clear.
2. Salutation. The best option is to address the hiring manager by name, using Mr. or Ms. and their last name. Use “Dear Hiring Manager” if you can’t find this information.
3. Introduction. Your first paragraph should introduce yourself and your interest in the position. It also needs to catch the attention of the hiring manager.
4. Body paragraphs. The next two paragraphs are where you detail your relevant experience, skills and education. A bulleted list is a good inclusion as it lets the hiring manager see your biggest selling points at a glance.
5. Closing section. This is where you should invite the hiring manager to arrange an interview. A postscript is a smart addition, as it allows you to highlight one last accomplishment and leave the hiring manager with a lasting impression.
Your opening paragraph needs to pique the curiosity of the hiring manager, so they’re compelled to read on. It also needs to introduce your interest in the product manager opening. The best way to do this is to build the introduction around one of your top achievements. Look for an accomplishment that can be quantified and highlights your suitability for the job. Simple facts like your education or years of experience should be avoided.
I’m a product manager with ample experience in high-profile projects. I believe this experience makes me the ideal fit for your recently advertised product manager position.
Begin the body of your cover letter by stating your admiration for the company that’s hiring and your interest in the position. Be detailed about both, as this demonstrates you’ve done your research and aren’t just sending a generic letter.
Next, detail your relevant experiences and accomplishments. You can include your education, promotions and successful projects. Each listing should mention a positive outcome so the hiring manager can see the potential success you can bring to the role. Avoid generic information and examples that aren’t quantifiable.
With three promotions during my 12 years as a product manager, I’m attracted to REZTech’s reputation as an innovative new entrant to the software development industry. REZTech’s emphasis on creative solutions is the ideal match for my customer-focused product management style.
I’m eager to work with the REZTech team to launch and grow successful product lines. My past successes include:
- Leading the design of the analytics function in project management software that was cited by 82% of customers as the primary reason for their purchase
- Investigating product gaps in a languishing SaaS solution and leading the development of new features, which boosted revenue by $1.2 million in the first year
- Implementing waterfall methodology for product development, resulting in a 99% success rate in meeting deadlines and budgets
Your advertisement mentions you’re looking for someone with eight or more years of product management experience. I have 12 years of experience as a product manager and would love the opportunity to work for REZTech.
In my current role, my responsibilities include:
- Leading a team of product developers
- Researching market needs
- Managing budgets and timelines
The closing paragraph is your opportunity to promote action from the hiring manager. Do this by asking them to schedule an interview. They may not take the next step if you just thank them for their time.
Consider adding a postscript at the end of the letter. This small addition can have a big impact as it allows you to highlight one final accomplishment and leaves the hiring manager thinking about the skills you can bring to their company. This is a great place to mention achievements that aren’t strictly work-related, such as an award. Just make sure it’s relevant to the job.
P.S. I’d love to tell you about my experience winning an International Stevie Award!