Pharmacy Technician Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Pharmacy Technician | j.gom[email protected] | (678) 901-2345 | 456 My Street, Omaha, NE 78901
February 10, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Hickman,
Designing and implementing a new stock management system that cut down on medication waste by 34% was my crowning career achievement in 2020. I believe that my strategic skills and excellent technical knowledge will make me an asset to the CVS Health pharmacy team.
As a technician with three years of experience and a drive to use my skills to impact people’s well-being positively, I want to be part of CVS Health’s mission to empower its clients through health education. I know that the role requires a compassionate and caring individual with excellent attention to detail, and I believe that my recent achievements are evidence of my suitability. These include:
- Achieving a 98% patient satisfaction rating during my pharmacy’s most recent client feedback cycle.
- Assisting with training two new technicians to expand their understanding of OSHA regulations.
- Receiving a workplace commendation for my ability to switch seamlessly between workstations without compromising accuracy or efficiency.
I am excited to explore how my experience and abilities make me the ideal candidate for the pharmacy technician position at CVS Health. Please get in touch to schedule a convenient appointment.
P.S. I would also like to explain why I was selected for vaccination training in 2020.
Pharmacy Technician | [email protected] | (321) 098-7654 | 135 Main Boulevard, Dallas, TX 89012
February 18, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Porter,
My colleagues voted me Employee of the Month in January 2020 for creating an inventory management system that increased medication availability by 78%. I am excited to provide the same strategic thinking skills and innovation as a technician at Alto Pharmacy.
I know that you are looking for an adaptable individual that can prioritize effectively and provide consistent performance across multiple workstations. I believe that my seven years of technical experience and recent achievements prove that I embody this description perfectly. My accomplishments include:
- Preparing and filling prescriptions with 100% accuracy in 2020.
- Receiving glowing praise from my supervisor during my annual performance review for my excellent clinical knowledge and attention to detail.
- Assisting the pharmacist to deliver a patient education program on adult immunizations that boosted community uptake by 21%.
I would like to schedule an interview to discuss how my skills and experience can help me provide outstanding service to your patients. Please feel free to get in touch to arrange a convenient date and time.
P.S. I would love to explain how I achieved a 99% patient satisfaction score in my technician role at CVS Health.
Senior Pharmacy Technician | [email protected] | (765) 432-1098 | 432 My Road, Jacksonville, FL 09876
February 13, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Burrows,
Leading my team to achieve 99%+ dosage calculation accuracy was my most significant career accomplishment in 2020. I believe that I can offer similar attention to detail and strong leadership in the role of Senior Pharmacy Technician at Walgreens.
As a technician dedicated to providing outstanding service with more than 12 years’ experience, Walgreens’ patient-centered approach makes this my ideal role. I believe that the following accomplishments show my suitability:
- Creating and delivering a range of educational materials to help patients understand how to use EpiPens safely.
- Optimizing the store’s merchandise shelving to increase sales by 32% in a single fiscal quarter.
- Achieving consistent patient satisfaction scores of 95%+ because of my professional demeanor and clear explanations of drug administration procedures and potential interactions.
I am excited to tell you more about how my skills and qualities can help Walgreens continue to set the standard for providing caring, high-quality pharmacy services in 2021. Please feel free to get in touch to set up an interview.
P.S. I would love to tell you why my company named me the most efficient team leader for my state in 2019.
Pharmacy Technician Cover Letter Checklist
Every pharmacy technician cover letter should include five key elements:
1. Heading. The heading should look like the address block in a standard business letter. Include your name and address, the date of the letter and the name and address of the hiring manager.
2. Salutation. Greet the hiring manager by name whenever possible: Dear Mr. Smith or Dear Ms. Jones. If you don’t know the name of the hiring manager, use “Dear Hiring Manager.”
3. Introduction. Open the letter with a strong statement about why you’re interested in the job and what you can bring to the role.
4. Body paragraphs. Add two paragraphs that describe your relevant qualifications, such as work experience or professional certifications. Use a bulleted list to break up the text.
5. Closing section. Ask the hiring manager to contact you to schedule an interview. For a strong finish, consider adding a P.S. right below your signature.
Your introduction is where you should express interest in the pharmacy technician opening and introduce yourself to the hiring manager. To make it clear why you’re a good fit for the job, choose one of the top achievements on your resume and incorporate it into the opening paragraph. The selected achievement should be quantifiable (expressed as some type of quantity or measurement) and relevant to the job opening. Avoid generic statements that aren’t relevant to the position.
I have five years of experience as a pharmacy technician. It has always been my dream to work in a hospital pharmacy.
Start the body of your cover letter by explaining why you’re interested in the pharmacy technician job and expressing admiration for the hiring organization. Be specific about why you want the job.
Then go through your resume to identify relevant accomplishments that can be woven into the body of your cover letter. For a pharmacy technician job, you may want to emphasize your training and any relevant professional certifications. For each accomplishment, mention a positive result to show that you have what it takes to be successful in the position. Avoid generic statements or achievements that can’t be linked to a quantifiable outcome.
After five years of experience as a pharmacy technician in a retail setting, it would be an honor to use my knowledge and skills in a hospital pharmacy. I have always admired Everglades Memorial Hospital for its dedication to continuous improvement and patient safety, and I believe my strong work ethic would help the hospital achieve its mission.
I am excited about the opportunity to succeed as a member of the Everglades inpatient pharmacy. Some of my past successes include:
- Passing the PTCB exam with a score of 97%
- Serving an average of 87 customers per day in person and over the telephone
- Maintaining a 100% customer satisfaction rating for the past three quarters
Your ad mentioned that you are looking for someone with five years of experience. I have been working as a pharmacy technician for five years. My current duties include counting tablets and capsules, labeling topical medications and contacting insurance companies to verify customer benefits.
Although the closing section comes at the end of your letter, it should be just as strong as your introduction and body paragraphs. The purpose of the closing is to include a call to action or a request for the hiring manager to schedule an interview with you. Don’t waste this space by simply thanking the hiring manager or stating that you’re available to discuss the position.
Consider adding a P.S. at the bottom of your letter to draw attention to one more of your most significant achievements. Done correctly, this strategy can make the hiring manager want to know more about you, putting you one step closer to an interview.
I appreciate you taking the time to read my letter. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about my work experience.