Nursing Cover Letter and Resume Example (Text Form)
Facts About This Resume:
- Candidate has 11 consecutive years of healthcare experience and 6 years of nursing experience.
- Candidate has a relevant degree and certification.
- Candidate has held one long-term position in the field.
Click on the tabs to toggle between the example Resume and example Cover Letter
- Resume Example
- Cover Letter Example
123 Your Street, Los Angeles, CA 12345
Registered Professional Nurse with 11 consecutive years of health care experience, including 6 years as an emergency room nurse. I have an M.S. in Nursing and am currently working toward my Doctorate of Nursing Practice at Falling Leaf College. Seeking a position as a geriatric nurse at Rambling River Nursing Home.
EducationFalling Leaf College, Davis, CA
Masters of Arts in Nursing, September 2013 — June 2014 Tulip Meadow College, Claremont, CA
Bachelors of Arts in Nursing, September 2009 — June 2013
Professional ExperienceRiver Bluff Hospital, Beaumont, CA
Emergency Room Nurse, July 2013 — Present
- Collaborate with medical staff, patients and family members to deliver appropriate care in a timely manner
- Administer IV fluids and prescription medications, including antibiotics and narcotics, while monitoring patient reactions
- Prepare patients for surgery and other procedures, including CT scan, X-ray and MRI
- Perform life-saving care for stroke, heart attack and overdose patients
- Review urinalysis, blood specimen tests and other laboratory work before creating effective treatment plans tailored toward each patient's needs
Certified Nurse Aide, August 2008 — June 2013
- Provided basic medical care for residents in a 115-bed facility
- Assisted residents with daily hygiene tasks, including bathing and toileting
- Changed bedpans, emptied drainage bags and tidied up resident rooms
- Maintained accurate patient records while complying with HIPAA standards
- Administered medication and monitored vital signs
- Problem Solving
- Patient Care
- Thrives in Hectic Environments
- Critical Thinking
- Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN)
Dear [Hiring Manager],
My name is Erin Emmons, and I am a Registered Professional Nurse passionate about providing top-notch care for patients. I enjoy working with elderly patients, so I was excited when I discovered Rambling River Nursing Home has an open spot for a geriatric nurse. I currently work the night shift at River Bluff Hospital, where I provide critical care for emergency room patients. Prior to my 6 years as an ER nurse, I spent 5 years working as a Certified Nurse Aide for Beaumont Retirement Community.
In 2014, I obtained an M.S. in Nursing at Falling Leaf College, where I'm currently pursing my Doctorate of Nursing Practice. I have excellent time management skills, which I use daily as I balance the medical needs of 20 to 40 patients in the emergency room. Other skills include medication management; G-tube feedings and care; wound dressing and care; and blood and stool specimen collection. As a bilingual nurse, I ensure Spanish-speaking patients receive quality care and understand complex medical procedures.
I'd like to discuss my nursing history in detail, including how it can benefit the residents of Rambling River Nursing Home, at your earliest convenience. You can call me at (123) 456-7890 or email me at ErinEmmons@myemailaddress.com. Thank you for reviewing my resume for your geriatric nurse position.