MBA Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Equities Analyst | [email protected] | (482) 442-9566 | 782 A St., White Plains, NY 10601
May 29, 2021
Capital Funds Inc.
505 Amherst Pl.
White Plains, NY 10602
Dear Mr. Roberts:
As an equities analyst for Jenkins and Associates, I provided a wealth of useful information to each person involved in large mergers and acquisitions of retail businesses. In fact, my team has been responsible for 37% of the profit generated by Jenkins and Associates. I would welcome the opportunity to bring that track record of success to Capital Funds Inc.
With three years of experience and promotion from an equity research associate to a senior analyst, I am attracted to Capital Funds’ diverse investment capabilities in the global marketplace. I believe my acumen for identifying stocks with superior earnings will be an asset to the portfolio managers on the international growth equity team. Some of my career strengths include:
- Researching and exchanging information regarding business trends and the economic climate
- Detecting deterioration in business fundamentals
- Utilizing financial databases and software
- Crafting written reports to communicate meaningful financial analysis information
I look forward to the opportunity to discuss in greater detail how my educational and work experience can help further Capital Funds’ impressive reputation in the financial arena.
P.S. I’d also like to share with you how my decision to include the Finance certification with my MBA program at SUNY helped define my professional goals.
MBA Graduate | [email protected] | (405) 450-2847 | 23 My Address Street, San Diego, CA 34095
May 14, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Potter,
During my master’s degree at the San Diego State University, I was singled out as the top-performing student on my Organization Behavior and Leadership core course. My assessors noted my detailed understanding of effective mentorship and exceptional knowledge of workforce management strategies. I look forward to leveraging these skills as the office manager at Emergent Biosolutions.
As a driven and ambitious graduate, the opportunity to support your company’s efforts to innovate life-saving technologies is inspiring to me. I believe that I have the determined work ethic and organizational ability to excel in a fast-paced environment. My recent accomplishments include:
- Revolutionizing the office’s resourcing system during my practicum placement to reduce cases of document unavailability during meetings by 98%
- Receiving a score of 95% for my elective Group Process and Leadership coursework
- Working collaboratively with three colleagues on my placement to source cost-effective office suppliers, resulting in an annual saving of $12k
I look forward to discussing how my abilities and efficient working style can make me an asset to your company. Please contact me to arrange a suitable appointment.
P.S. I would love to explain why I was chosen to mentor three undergraduates to improve their understanding of operations management in 2020.
Portfolio Manager | [email protected] | (333) 444-5555 | 9825 Sturgeon Ave., Bangor, ME 54321
June 1, 2021
Senior Portfolio Manager
New York, NY 34567
Dear Mr. James:
As a junior portfolio manager for Jones Investments, I am responsible for effectively managing 115 multi-asset portfolio accounts, including communication with clients to determine their goals and evaluation of investment opportunities. I would welcome the opportunity to bring the same level of diligence and collaborative principles to the role of Associate Portfolio Manager with NY Equities.
With 10 years of experience and two promotions, I am prepared to move forward with NY Equities’ program of investing globally in partnerships, co-investments, and secondary interests. As an example of my dedication to delivering outstanding results, I won Jones Investments’ 2020 Portfolio Manager of the Year Award. Some of my career strengths that would contribute to NY Equities’ ongoing success include:
- Performing due diligence on all co-investments
- Providing data and insight to support private equity investment portfolios
- Collaborating in the development of a comprehensive strategy for an optimal portfolio structure that exceeds return objectives
I look forward to discussing in greater detail how my past work experience can enhance NY Equities’ results-driven expertise with ensuring retirement benefits for New York educators.
P.S. I would also be delighted to share how my CFA certification highlights my knowledge of the private equity industry.
MBA Cover Letter Checklist
When writing your cover letter, make sure you include these five main elements:
1. Heading. A stylized heading template can make your cover letter appear more professional. It should include:
- Your name, job title, and contact information, such as email and phone number
- The date of application
- The hiring manager’s details
2. Salutation. It’s best to address the recipient by name, such as Ms. or Mr. [last name]. Use their title if you know it. If you can’t find the name or are unsure of who you should address the letter to, you can use “Dear Hiring Manager” instead.
3. Introduction. This is where you introduce yourself and your interest in the position. This should be the hook of your cover letter that gets the hiring manager to keep reading.
4. Body paragraphs. Write two paragraphs that detail your relevant professional experience. This may include skills, education, and accomplishments. Using a bullet point format can help highlight important qualifications and make your cover letter more visually appealing.
5. Closing section. The closing of your cover letter should encourage the hiring manager to invite you for an interview. You can include a postscript to highlight an achievement and end your cover letter on a high note.
The introduction of your cover letter should encourage the hiring manager to keep reading while also introducing yourself and your interest in the job. To do this, incorporate one of your most impressive achievements or qualifications into the paragraph. This achievement should be relevant to the position and described in quantifiable terms so the hiring manager gains a better picture of your skillset. Avoid vague or generic points.
As a member of the marketing team with Treehouse Solutions, I contributed to marketing strategy that helped a new product launch exceed its revenue goal by 40%. I hope to bring my drive and initiative to the team at Decisive Marketing Solutions.
With several years of marketing experience, I’m writing to you about my interest in the marketing manager position. I believe I’m a good candidate for the job.
The body of your cover letter should feature two paragraphs. In the first, reiterate your interest in the available position and explain why you’re interested in the job and organization specifically. This shows that you’ve researched the company at length and have a genuine interest.
The second paragraph should expand on your qualifications by detailing your skills, experience, and achievements. You may choose to include relevant promotions, successful projects, or education. List these qualifications in bullet points to highlight them and break up the text of your cover letter. Make sure to use quantifiable terms for each point and pair them with a positive outcome to demonstrate the scope of your qualifications.
Over my five years working as an associate on marketing teams, I’ve contributed my creative marketing approach. I’m excited for the opportunity to bring my drive to Decisive Marketing Solutions’ reputation for innovative strategies.
My past successes include:
- Led branding across social media platforms and helped increasing traffic by 30%
- Managed website content, SEO, and marketing strategies, improving organic clicks by 50% over three years
- Identified opportunities and developed marketing strategies to develop and implement campaigns, resulting in over $100,000 new sales annually
I have five years of experience in marketing and business, and I’m interested in the marketing manager job.
My previous experience includes:
- Led branding across social media platforms
- Managed website content, SEO, and marketing strategies
- Identified opportunities and developed marketing strategies
Your closing should leave a lasting impression on the hiring manager and invite them to schedule an interview. Directly requesting an interview shows your initiative and interest in the position, while simply thanking the hiring manager for their time and consideration is bland and generic.
You can add a postscript to highlight one final achievement and reinforce a positive impression. As long as it’s relevant, you can include a successful project, award, or volunteer experience.
I’m interested in the opportunity to speak with you further about the marketing manager role. Please feel free to contact me with a date and time to meet.
P.S. I’d love to tell you about how I won the “Future Business Innovator” award while completing my undergraduate degree.
Thank you for your time and consideration of my application for the marketing manager job. I hope to hear from you soon.