Interior Designer Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Interior Designer | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Main Street, Los Angeles, CA 12345
January 1, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
ABC Style Design
Dear Mr. Taylor,
As a creative and client-focused interior design with over nine years of experience in making my client’s design ideas become a reality, I believe that I would be an asset to the innovative design team at ABC Style Design. My personal designs were responsible for Style Interiors winning a $10 million contract to refurbish the Marriott hotels in California.
Over the past nine years, I have worked with commercial and residential clients to help them transform their ideas and requirements into functional and beautiful design solutions. I have completed over 100 design projects from concept to completion.
Below is a list of some of my strengths and achievements:
- Consistently received 100% client satisfaction scores by listening to the clients requirements and meeting or exceeding their expectations
- Eight of my projects have been featured in national design magazines
I would love to tell you about my ideas for taking ABC Style Design to the next level in commercial and residential design. Please let me know a time and date that would suit your schedule.
P.S. I would love to tell you about the time I was shortlisted for an International Design Award.
Interior Designer| [email protected] | (746) 038-2847 | 123 Second Lane, Los Angeles, CA 20495
May 12, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Yu,
Last year, I created a series of interior designs for a new build estate that helped increase sales by 32% in a single month. Client feedback praised my schemes for their universal appeal and aspirational aesthetic. I look forward to delivering similar results as an interior designer at Johnson Fain.
As an innovative practitioner with 2+ years of industry experience, the chance to extend my skills in a creativity-driven firm like Johnson Fain inspires me. I believe that my excellent grasp of design software and brief-led ethos makes me the ideal fit for your company. My recent achievements include:
- Receiving glowing praise during my most recent appraisal for my advanced space-planning ability
- Training three interns to help increase their confidence using REVIT and AutoCAD
- Winning a major contract by creating a cohesive and practical schematic design for a Fortune 500 company’s head office
I hope to meet you to discuss how my technical skills and outstanding client management skills can help your company meet its goals in 2021. Please get in touch to arrange an appointment.
P.S. I would love to tell you how I contributed to a project that won an International Design Award in 2020.
Interior Design Graduate | [email protected] | (450) 385-1305 | 234 Main Avenue, San Diego, CA 58402
May 14, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Franklin,
During my final year of study at the Design Institute of San Diego, my project on creating sustainable interior environments was showcased in the school’s monthly magazine. The article praised my strong ability to combine modern aesthetic and practical considerations with eco-friendly features. I am excited to apply this knowledge as a junior designer at Living Spaces.
As an energetic new graduate with a special interest in sustainable design, Living Space’s strong emphasis on minimizing environmental impact is the ideal fit for my skill set. I am motivated by the opportunity to work in such an innovative and fast-growing company. My recent accomplishments include:
- Collaborating with three designers on my practicum placement at Harley Ellis Devereaux to create a design pitch that won a multi-million dollar contract
- Receiving a score of 98% for my coursework module on color theory and application
- Leading a team of 12 coursemates to organize and run an exhibition displaying the interior design department’s project work
I would like to attend an interview to explore how my skills can benefit your organization in 2021. Please get in touch to schedule a meeting.
P.S. I would love to explain why I consistently ranked in the top 2% of my cohort for CAD.
Interior Designer Cover Letter Checklist
Strong cover letters for interior designers should include five main sections:
1. Heading. You can use a free stylized header template to help emphasize your information. Make sure to include these points in your heading:
- Your full name, job title, and contact information such as phone number and email address
- The date of application
- The hiring manager’s details
2. Salutation. If the job description includes the name of the hiring manager, address your cover letter to them specifically. If no name is available, use “Dear Hiring Manager” instead.
3. Introduction. This section is where you should introduce yourself in a distinctive way. It should also express your interest in the position.
4. Body paragraphs. Write two paragraphs that reiterate your interest and expand on your qualifications. Include and detail any achievements that are relevant to the job description.
5. Closing section. Thank the hiring manager for their consideration, and then directly request an interview to create a lasting impression.
Your introduction should be the hook of your cover letter. Introduce yourself and express your interest in the job, but do so in an attention-grabbing way to intrigue the hiring manager. Select a relevant and noteworthy achievement from your resume and incorporate it into your introduction. Avoid bland descriptions and generic information. Instead, use quantifiable terms that demonstrate your skills and experience.
In my most recent role, I oversaw more than 50 commercial and residential projects to create beautiful and innovative designs for clients. I hope to bring my passion for design to Birdhouse Design.
As an interior designer with more than five years of experience, I meet the qualifications for the interior design job with Birdhouse Design.
This section should contain two paragraphs. The first should restate your interest in the role and explain why you’re a good fit. Then, detail why you admire and want to work for the organization so the hiring manager can see that you’ve researched the position.
The second paragraph should expand on your skills and experience to demonstrate that you have the necessary qualifications. Include your relevant achievements as an interior designer. You can use bullet points to help break up blocks of text and make your cover letter more visually appealing. You can include your education or certifications, successful projects, promotions, awards, or other relevant skills or experience. Quantity each point to show the hiring manager how you can contribute to their organization.
With over five years of experience in residential and commercial design projects, I’m excited for the opportunity to contribute to Birdhouse Design’s reputation for quality solutions and client satisfaction. My passion for design and critical attention to detail makes me a great fit with your team.
I hope to bring further success to Birdhouse Design. Some of my past achievements include:
- Created inspired and innovative commercial and residential designs, earning 98% positive feedback from satisfied clients
- Led and completed all aspects of the design process for over 100 projects, meeting client budgets without sacrificing design quality
- Specialized in efficient and eco-friendly designs, earning the “National Green Design Award” in 2020
The job description states that the role requires at least four years of experience. I have five years of experience and would be a good fit for Birdhouse Designs.
My past experience includes:
- Created commercial and residential designs
- Led and completed the design process for a variety of projects
- Specialized in efficient and eco-friendly designs
To make a strong impression on the hiring manager, use your closing as an opportunity to show them you’re ready for the next step of the application process. A direct request for an interview demonstrates a high level of initiative. Simply thanking the hiring manager for their time may make it too easy for them to dismiss your application.
As a bonus, highlight one last achievement with a postscript beneath your closing signature. This can draw the eye and emphasize your qualifications, reinforcing your first impression on the hiring manager.
I appreciate your time and consideration. I hope to contribute my skills to Birdhouse Design’s inspiring projects. Please feel free to contact me with a date and time for an interview to further discuss this role.
P.S. I’d love to tell you how I won a design competition during my junior year at the Savannah College of Art and Design!
Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope to meet to discuss this role further.