Information Technology IT Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Deskside Support Technician | [email protected] | (876) 543-2109 | 654 Main Boulevard, Columbus, OH 43210
March 15, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Atkinson,
Successfully troubleshooting 98% of network issues within two hours was my most significant achievement of 2020. My manager stated that my outstanding contribution was integral to the company’s smooth operation, and I hope to offer the same efficient technical support as an IT Technician at Forge Biologics.
As a highly skilled practitioner with 2+ years’ experience maintaining and fixing Mac and Windows software and hardware, the opportunity to use my abilities to further Forge Biologic’s crucial research into gene therapies excites me. My recent achievements include:
- Providing workplace software orientation and training to four new hires in 2020 and delivering ongoing support
- Preparing over 50 new Mac and Windows computers for distribution to employees
- Receiving praise during my annual performance review for my swift and efficient handling of all hardware problems
I wish to meet to explore how my in-depth technical knowledge and keen attention to detail can further Forge Biologics’ reputation as a leader in genetic research. Please feel free to contact me to schedule an interview.
P.S. I would love to tell you why I was promoted just six months after starting my current role.
Information Technology Specialist | [email protected] | (654) 321-0987 | 123 Address Boulevard, Lexington, KY 21098
March 9, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Army National Guard
Dear Mr. Sheridan,
Building a firewall that successfully blocked 100% of cyberattacks to protect classified data was my crowning achievement in 2020. I hope to bring the same outstanding technical expertise and knowledge of complex IT systems to the role of Information Technology Specialist at the Army National Guard.
As a seasoned technician with 7+ years’ experience working with operationally sensitive data, I would relish the opportunity to use my skills to contribute towards the safety and security of the United States. I believe that my recent achievements demonstrate my aptitude for the post:
- Processing and sending sensitive information across complex networks without a single security breach since starting my most recent role
- Maintaining and updating my organization’s IT systems to reduce the crash rate by 95% in 2020
- Receiving a commendation from my supervisors for troubleshooting a complicated systems bug within 3 hours
I look forward to meeting to discuss how my attention to detail and dedication can help the Army National Guard meet its crucial objectives in 2021. Please don’t hesitate to get in contact to schedule an interview.
P.S. I would like to tell you why I received a promotion within just 3 months of assuming my previous role.
Information Technology Manager | [email protected] | (876) 543-2109 | 432 Main Road, Colorado Springs, CO 98765
March 17, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Mr. Phillip,
Developing and delivering a client education program that reduced troubleshooting support requirements by 45% was my proudest achievement of 2020. Participants said that the training significantly increased their confidence to solve minor issues in-house and allowed them to reap maximum benefit from my company’s products. I hope to create similar successful initiatives as an Information Technology Manager at LinQuest.
As a veteran IT manager with more than 12 years of industry experience, the opportunity to use my skills to contribute to the defense of the United States at LinQuest is compelling to me. The following accomplishments demonstrate my capability to perform this role:
- Supervising and guiding a large team to ensure that 100% of deliverables were met before their deadlines
- Managing the departmental budget and negotiating contracts to reduce spending by 32% in 2020
- Handling the most complex technical problems escalated to me by other team members, resolving 84% of issues within three hours
I look forward to meeting to discuss how my technical expertise and strong leadership can help your organization continue to innovate at the forefront of the space defense sector. I am available for an interview at your convenience.
P.S. I would love to tell you why I was named Manager of the Year for coordinating a major government project in 2019.
Information Technology IT Cover Letter Checklist
Five main elements make up the building blocks of a great information technology cover letter:
1. Heading. This should include your name, title and contact information, as well as the addressee’s details and the date the letter was written. Use a professional template to ensure the data is clear.
2. Salutation. It’s best practice to greet the hiring manager by name. Use Mr. or Ms. and their last name, or “Dear Hiring Manager,” if that information is unavailable.
3. Introduction. The opening paragraph needs a hook to capture the hiring manager’s attention while also introducing yourself and expressing your interest in the job.
4. Body paragraphs. The body of your letter is made up of two paragraphs that detail your qualifications for the job. Describe your relevant experience, skills, and education, and consider using a bulleted list to make it easy for the hiring manager to absorb.
5. Closing section. Your conclusion is where you should ask the hiring manager to take the next step by inviting you for an interview. A postscript is a strategic addition, as it can draw the reader’s eye to one final accomplishment.
Your opening paragraph needs to convince the hiring manager to keep reading. It should also express your interest in the position. In order to accomplish this, it’s best to build your introduction around one of your top achievements. Choose an accomplishment that can be quantified and demonstrates that you can be successful in the position. Avoid generic facts such as your level of education, as this information can all be found on your resume.
One of my greatest achievements as an IT professional was implementing new network configurations for a client. This enhanced their network capabilities and improved customer access by 83%. I hope to bring that level of success to Dash Technology as an information technology specialist.
I have a master’s degree in information technology and eight years of experience in the field. I believe I have the experience and skills needed to be successful in the position you recently advertised.
The body of your cover letter needs to express admiration for the organization that’s hiring. It should also go into detail about why you want the job. Be specific, so the hiring manager can see you’ve researched the position and company.
In the next paragraph, detail your relevant achievements. Quantify each point and make sure to include a positive outcome, as this shows the hiring manager the potential success you can bring to their organization. Focus first on successful projects, then consider including career promotions or educational degrees.
I’ve had two promotions during my eight years in the IT industry, and I’m drawn to Dash Technology’s reputation for innovation. Dash’s focus on finding creative technological solutions for client problems marries perfectly with my results-driven style of working.
I’m excited to help Dash Technology’s clients achieve success. My past successes include:
- Implementing a new VoIP phone service, saving the client $10,000 per year
- Identifying and implementing a new ticketing management solution, resulting in a 24% improvement of the ticket turnover rate
- Designing a new upgrade reminder system for clients, resulting in a 36% reduction in help desk calls and a 67% increase in client satisfaction
Your job listing states that you require someone experienced at working with a variety of clients. During my time in IT, I’ve worked for many different clients and would love to work for Dash Technology.
My current responsibilities include:
- Answering technical queries from clients
- Upgrading software and hardware
- Training clients in use of software
Your closing is your last chance to make a good impression. Make sure you don’t squander the opportunity by just thanking the hiring manager for their time. Instead, encourage them to take the next step by arranging an interview.
Adding a postscript is an excellent way to draw the hiring manager’s eye to one final accomplishment. This doesn’t need to be strictly work-related. It’s a great place to highlight volunteer work or an award win, as long as it’s relevant to the position.
I’d like the opportunity to discuss how my experience and expertise can help Dash Technology’s team achieve continued success. Please don’t hesitate to contact me to schedule a time that fits your schedule.
P.S. I’d love to tell you about my volunteer work upgrading networks in senior centers.
Thank you for taking the time to consider my application and resume. Please contact me if I can provide clarification on any point or if you need any further information.