Dental Hygienist Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Dental Hygiene Graduate | [email protected] | (039) 405-2085 | 345 My Street, Los Angeles, CA 74629
May 12, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Rosen,
During my final year of study at the West Los Angeles College, I was the top-performing student on the oral biology module. My assessors praised my strong grasp of microbiology and physiological principles. I hope to leverage this knowledge as a dental hygienist at Elegant Dentistry.
As an accomplished graduate with a dedicated work ethic, I would relish the opportunity to start my career at an award-winning community clinic like Elegant Dentistry. I believe that my comprehensive clinical knowledge and high patient care standards can make me an asset to your practice. My recent achievements include:
- Receiving praise 5x for providing sensitive patient care during my practicum placement at the Southbay Children’s Dental Clinic
- Designing and delivering a patient education session on gum disease prevention during my preceptorship
- Consistently ranking in the top 5% of my cohort for oral pathology and community dental health modules
Please feel free to contact me to arrange an interview. I am excited to discuss how my skills and experience can benefit your patients in 2021.
P.S. I would love to explain why my professor awarded me full marks for my research project on dental anatomy.
Dental Hygienist | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Main Street, Miami, FL 12345
January 01, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. McCabe,
Since earning my associate’s degree in dental hygiene three years ago, I have worked at the Main Street Dental practice as Registered Dental Hygienist. This is one of the top-rated dental practices in the Orlando area and it has been a privilege to work and extend my knowledge in patient care and dental work.
I have recently moved to Miami and I believe that I would be a valuable asset to your dental hygiene team at Surfside Dental.
I have excelled at the following tasks:
- Teaching patients about oral hygiene
- Experience in the use of a diverse range of cleaning tools
- Able to calm anxious patients
- Knowledge of infection control
- Assessing emergency situations and following the correct protocol
I look forward to meeting with you to discuss the ways in which my skills could be useful to the team at Surfside Dental. Please feel free to contact me with a time and date that would suit your schedule.
P.S. I would love to tell you about my 99.9% patient satisfaction scores and how I believe I can bring the same level of patient care to Surfside Dental.
Dental Hygienist | [email protected] | (123) 456 -7890 | 123 Main Street, San Diego, CA 12345
January 1, 2021
(123) 098 – 7654
Dear Ms. Bishop,
I have over nine years of experience as a dental hygienist and have worked at one of the top-rated dental clinics in San Diego for the past five years. My proficiency with dental charting software and skills in using teeth cleaning tools have helped me consistently earn outstanding ratings on performance reviews since joining ABC Dental.
I excel at reducing patient anxiety, and I believe that I will be an asset to the patient-focused care team at Smile Dental.
These are some of my career highlights:
- Achieved 100% customer satisfaction scores for the past five years
- Instructed over 4,000 patients in the basics of oral health care
- Assisted over 3,000 patients each year by providing dental X-rays and assessing emergency situations
I would love to talk to you about my patient-care skills and how I think I could bring a smile to the patients at your practice. Please feel free to contact me with a time and date that suits your schedule.
P.S. I developed an easy-to-follow oral health care instruction pamphlet for patients that I would love to share with you.
Senior Dental Hygienist | [email protected]|(839) 928-0285|45 Second Boulevard, San Francisco, CA 28475
May 11, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Michael Parrett DDS
Dear Ms. Suarez,
In 2020, I increased my clinic’s patient retention rate by 56% for patients on my roster. Customers cited my reassuring interpersonal style and superb treatment outcomes as their primary reasons for returning. I hope to provide the same high standard of care as a senior practitioner at Michael Parrett DDS.
Michael Parrett DDS’ ethos of placing patient wellbeing at the center of its practice is the perfect match for my professional values. As a seasoned hygienist with over 15 years of experience, the opportunity to serve my local community as part of your institution is exciting. My recent achievements include
- Acting as a preceptor to five students from the University of San Francisco in 2019, three of whom joined our partner clinics following their graduation
- Designing and delivering a patient education program that reduced cases of premature tooth loss by 34% over three years
- Providing specialist training to a team of six junior hygienists to increase their knowledge of oral health promotion strategies for children
I wish to arrange an interview to discuss how my extensive clinical knowledge and commitment to colleague mentorship can benefit your clinic. Please get in touch to schedule a meeting.
P.S. I would love to explain how I improved the clinic’s patient satisfaction rating by 76% in a single year.
Dental Hygienist Cover Letter Checklist
A compelling dental hygienist cover letter should include these five main sections:
1. Heading. A stylized template can highlight your basic information so it stands out. Be sure to include the following information:
- Your name, job title, and contact info
- The date of your cover letter
- The name and address of the hiring manager
2. Salutation. If possible, it’s best to address the hiring manager by name and a “Dear Mr./Ms.” greeting. If you don’t have their name, you can use “Dear Hiring Manager.”
3. Introduction. : Introduce yourself in the first paragraph and clarify why you’re interested in the position.
4. Body paragraphs. Write two paragraphs, with the first expanding on your interest in the role and the second detailing your skills and experience. You can use bullet points to help break up blocks of text.
5. Closing section. Your closing should request an interview with the hiring manager to help ensure they don’t dismiss your application. You can also include a postscript to help catch the hiring manager’s eye.
The purpose of your introduction is to express your interest in the dental hygienist opening and introduce yourself to the hiring manager in a way that gets their attention. To do so, select the top relevant achievement from your resume and incorporate it into your cover letter introduction. Quantify this achievement to show the hiring manager how you can contribute to their organization. Avoid basic information, such as your years of experience, that doesn’t stand out.
I have over five years of experience as a dental hygienist and would love to work for Pacific Dental.
The body of your cover letter should be composed of two paragraphs that demonstrate your enthusiasm and interest in the job. Detail your interest and explain what makes the organization appealing to work for. The more specific you are, the more the hiring manager will see that you’ve done your research. Explain what makes you a good fit for the job as well.
In your second paragraph, expand on your skills and experience that align with the job description. This may include education or certifications, career highlights, or awards. Pair each qualification with a quantifiable positive outcome that shows the hiring manager how you’re able to contribute to the organization. Again, avoid generic information that won’t set you apart from other applicants. Quantify each qualification to provide a complete picture.
With over six years of experience as a dental hygienist and my commitment to providing quality patient care, I’m excited for the opportunity to work for a company that aligns with my values. My continued emphasis on patient rapport and education makes me a good fit for a company with a reputation for excellent dental care.
I hope to bring my skills and experience to Pacific Dental. My past successes include:
- Provided individualized dental and oral care to more than 10 patients each day, according to regulations and clinic standards
- Interviewed, assessed, and educated patients about dental and oral care to diagnose and determine treatment plans, retaining over 95% of patients
- Managed patient care, lab work, and clinic standards in an office with over 20 employees
The job description indicates that applicants must have at least three years of experience. I have five years of experience as a dental hygienist and would love to work for Pacific Dental.
My past experience includes:
- Provided dental and oral care to patients
- Interviewed, assessed, and educated patients about dental and oral care
- Managed patient care, lab work, and clinic standards
The closing section is your final opportunity to make a meaningful impression. Only thanking the hiring manager for their time might make your cover letter forgettable, so write a call to action instead by asking the hiring manager to set up an interview.
Adding a postscript that includes a final relevant achievement is a great strategy to reinforce your qualifications. It can also make your cover letter more visually appealing. You can include a relevant award or volunteer experience.
I’d like to meet to discuss more about the dental hygienist role and how I can contribute. Please contact me to set up an interview that fits your schedule.
P.S. During the interview, I’d love to tell you about how I won a pediatric dental care award!
Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope to hear from you to discuss this opening further.