Customer Service Representative Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Customer Service Representative | [email protected] | (414) 000-1234 | Whitefish Bay, WI 53211
January 1, 2021
QRS Employment Group
Dear Mr. Willoughby,
I am excited to see your opening for a Customer Service Representative position because I have the skills and drive that your team needs. As a goal-oriented recent high school graduate, I have a team-player attitude and thirst for learning what you and your customers will appreciate.
Your job ad mentions that your ideal candidate is customer-focused and has high energy and solid computer skills. My high school and volunteer experiences have prepared me to meet your criteria, as these achievements indicate:
- I excelled in multiple computer and software classes
- I was a cheerleader for three years
- I served as a youth mentor at the Boys & Girls Club
- I worked as a junior referee for the Whitefish Bay Tweens Volleyball League
I’d love to discuss the Customer Service position with you in detail. I look forward to sharing how I can help you raise the bar of customer excellence even higher. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to set up an interview.
P.S. I look forward to telling you about my creative and effective methods to reduce bullying at the Boys & Girls Club.
Customer Service Representative | [email protected] | (205) 123-4567 | 5681 W Pine St., Tuscaloosa, AL 35406
January 7, 2021
Human Resources Manager
Hawthorne Global Aviation Services
Dear Ms. Louis,
As a Hotel Guest Services Representative for the past two years, I understand the importance of creating and contributing to world-class customer experiences. I have assisted and cultivated positive professional relationships with many airline passengers, flight attendants and aviation specialists among my clientele. The niche of corporate aviation fascinates me, and I’d love to offer my customer service skills to Hawthorne Global Aviation Services.
I’ve garnered a reputation for effective communication, efficiency, proactivity and complaint resolution. I’ve also increased my proficiency with cash handling, customer management software, and MS office. Please consider these achievements and how your organization can benefit from my proven experience and commitment to excellence:
- Multiple five-star reviews mentioning my name on Google and Yelp
- Six Employee of the Month awards
- Corporate recognition for stellar customer service
I am available to meet with you virtually or in-person to discuss how I can align my skills and goals with your company’s mission of providing professional, personalized service that exceeds expectations. Please contact me to set up an interview at your earliest convenience.
P.S. Please let me explain how I resolved a misunderstanding with a celebrity at my hotel and won more clients as a result.
Customer Service Representative | [email protected] |(123) 456-7891| 123 My Road, San Francisco, CA 12345
Senior Hiring Manager
January 8, 2021
Dear Ms. Wingate,
Being rated as the top San Francisco customer service representative in my organization in 2020 was my proudest career achievement to date. I hope to demonstrate the same excellent performance level in a role at Nordstrom.
As a seasoned representative with nine years of experience, I am drawn to Nordstrom’s prestigious reputation and outstanding customer service record. My strong communication skills and dedication make me the ideal fit for Nordstrom’s customer-focused ethos.
My most significant career achievements so far include:
- Consistently exceeding my individual targets by up to 45% every month
- Regularly receiving excellent customer feedback for going above and beyond to match them with the best deals and resolve queries and complaints
- Achieving a turnaround time more than 40% quicker than the company average throughout 2019 and 2020
I would be delighted to meet you for an interview to discuss how my previous experience can help me provide an outstanding service for Nordstrom customers and support the company’s commercial aims. Please get in touch to let me know what date and time are convenient for you.
P.S. I would love to tell you how I achieved a steady five-star customer satisfaction rating for the last three years.
Customer Service Representative | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 62 Leigh St., Jersey City, NJ 81033
January 8, 2021
Dear Ms. Wisler,
My twelve-year tenure as a customer service representative for Primary Bank has benefited banking clients and managers. I was recognized for my customer service skills by being named twice for “Employee of the Month” during 2020. I believe this resulted from my diligence in offering outstanding customer support and my consistent work ethic.
HD Bank has a remarkable reputation for providing thorough customer care that seeks to resolve all issues to satisfaction. HD Bank also values employee development. I know I would be an asset, thanks to my accomplishments as manager of customer service at Primary Bank:
- Exceeded expected numbers for bank accounts opened and complications resolved every year since 2015
- Resolved over 90% of customer issues on average, reducing the manager’s caseload
- Led a customer service team of 25, with no turnover in the past five years
- Customer Service Ratings were 97% during 2020 and 96% the preceding year
I am looking forward to discussing in more detail how my prior call experience and customer service skills can boost HD Bank’s customer satisfaction ratings and new account statistics. Please feel free to let me know the most convenient time to talk.
P.S. I’d love to share more details about how I encouraged all my staff to obtain CCSR certification.
Customer Service Representative Cover Letter Checklist
A great customer service representative cover letter contains five key elements:
1. Heading. Use a stylized template to emphasize this information. Make sure to include the following in your heading:
- Name, title, and contact info
- Date of creation/last update
- The addressee’s details
2. Salutation. Use the hiring manager’s name (not “to whom it may concern”) — e.g., Mr. or Ms. [Last Name]. If that information is unavailable, use “Dear Hiring Manager” instead.
3. Introduction. Write an opening paragraph that boosts your appeal and demonstrates your interest in this particular job.
4. Body paragraphs. Include a couple of paragraphs detailing your relevant professional experience, skills, and education. Consider bulleting your selling points to make them easier for the hiring manager to review.
5. Closing section. Close your cover letter with a definite call to action (CTA) — ask the hiring manager to follow up with an interview. Consider adding a postscript note with an exciting achievement to catch the hiring manager’s eye.
The introduction of your cover letter should express interest in the available position. To emphasize your best attributes, include one of the top accomplishments from your resume. Choose quantifiable achievements that demonstrate your qualifications in customer service instead of generic facts about your work experience, such as the number of years spent in customer service roles.
As someone with four years of customer service experience, I’m highly qualified for your customer service representative position.
The body paragraph of your cover letter should capture your enthusiasm for the open position and prospect of working within the broader organization. Be as detailed as possible about why you want the job. The goal is to ensure the hiring manager understands how you’d fit in if given the job.
Once you’ve established your interest, provide a list of your relevant accomplishments — some examples are educational degrees or certifications, promotions, and awards for professional excellence. Connect each achievement to something of value you can provide to the new organization if hired. As with the introduction, focus on quantifiable outcomes and avoid giving generic descriptions of past work responsibilities.
With four years of customer service experience and several Employee of the Month awards, I’m excited to work with a company that values its customers’ desires and needs. My strong communication skills are ideal for a company that emphasizes 24/7 support and understanding customers’ needs.
I’m excited to put my skills to use as a customer service representative. Some of my past accomplishments include:
- Reducing repeat support calls by 40%
- Resolving more than 90% of customer support tickets
- Adding over 30 new articles to the existing online knowledge base and FAQs for customers
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
The customer service representative position you listed requires 2-3 years of experience. I have four years of experience in customer service and am very interested in working for your company.
Some of the responsibilities in my current position are:
- Taking inbound and outbound calls
- Maintaining the customer support materials
- Issuing refunds or exchanges
A great closing should include a CTA encouraging the hiring manager to follow up. This means scheduling an interview using the contact information you provided in the header. Be direct and avoid just thanking the hiring manager for the opportunity.
After signing off, listing a final achievement in a postscript sentence is an excellent way to put the spotlight on you. This tip can help generate immediate interest in a scheduled interview, and when so many other job seekers are applying for the same position, even a slight edge matters.
P.S. I’d love to tell you about how I reduced the churn rate in my last position.
Thank you for this opportunity. I’d love to talk about my work history and hear more about the position.