Companion Caregiver Resume Examples
Years of Experience
123 Your Street, Palo Alto, CA 12345
Enthusiastic, personable companion caregiver skilled at adhering to safety protocols, cooking and cleaning, and engaging in conversation and gentle activities. Earned 3.8 GPA in Health Science Associate of Science degree program. Volunteered at a nursing home for three consecutive years.
- Enthusiastic and easy to talk to
- Organized and professional
- Skilled cook and cleaner
- Strong background in human health
- Kind and caring
Health Science Associate of Science Degree, GPA 3.8
GREAT WEST COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Town, CA, September 2019 – June 2021
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Infectious Diseases
Teaching Assistant, Great West Community College, Town, CA
September 2020 – June 2021
- Coordinated laboratory components of biology courses and ensured safety in the lab
- Assisted professor with grading tests, quizzes, and lab reports
- Communicated with students, professors, and administrators on a regular basis about everything from class content to classroom logistics and scheduling
Barista, Starbucks, Town, CA
April 2017 – September 2020
- Greeted customers, took orders, and coordinated payments
- Kept café and kitchen area clean and free of safety hazards
- Prepared beverages and light meals for customers
123 Your Street, Miami, FL 12345
Kind, caring companion caregiver with two years of experience caring for disabled elderly grandparent. CPR and First Aid certified, and trained in some EMT skills. Diligent, dependable, and trustworthy.
- Kind, caring, trustworthy
- Physical strength
- Skilled communicator
- Experience caring for disabled elderly patients
Medical Assistant Certificate Program
NORWALK COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Norwalk, CT, September 2020 – June 2021
- General Psychology
- Medical Terminology
Companion Caregiver, Family Member, Miami, FL
September 2019 – August 2021
- Visited grandparent daily to provide conversation and companionship
- Engaged elderly patient in walks, games, and crafts
- Performed light housekeeping tasks, including cleaning kitchen and changing sheets
- Ran errands and attended appointments with patient
- Communicated with nurses and other members of care team
123 Your Street, Greenwich, CT 12345
Seasoned companion caregiver with seven consecutive years of in-home caregiving experience. Personable, patient professional who helps elderly and disabled residents fulfill their daily needs and benefit from social interaction. Extensive experience with elderly recovering from physical injuries.
Companion Caregiver, Bright Light Home Health Care, Greenwich, CT
June 2017 – Present
- Provide companionship to clients to increase their overall sense of well-being
- Engage clients in conversation and gentle activities such as walks and puzzles
- Perform light housekeeping tasks such as dusting, vacuuming, and changing bedding
- Run errands for clients as needed
- Communicate with clients’ families and care teams
- Report environmental issues to supervisor
Companion Caregiver, White Oak Health Services, Stamford, CT
September 2014 – June 2017
- Maintained clean, safe, welcoming environments for clients
- Organized clients’ medications for safe, easy access
- Prepared meals for clients and kept kitchen area clean
- Listened to clients’ needs and preferences and provided companionship
- Accompanied clients to doctors’ appointments and other appointments when necessary
- Followed care plan, safety regulations, and company protocols at all times
Prior coursework in anatomy, psychology, human development, and gerontology
- Compassionate and personable
- Scheduling and organization
- Meal preparation
- Skilled communicator
- Discreet and trustworthy
- Care plan adherence
- CPR certification, 2014 to present
- First aid certification, 2014 to present
123 Your Street, Newport, RI 12345
Patient, compassionate companion caregiver with over a decade of in-home caregiving experience. Friendly, outgoing, dependable caregiver who specializes in elderly people with terminal illnesses. Great listener. Skilled at keeping clients as engaged and active as possible.
Companion Caregiver, Home Sweet Home Care, Newport, RI
September 2018 – Present
- Offer in-home companionship to elderly clients
- Engage clients in gentle activities, including baking, puzzles and games, and short walks
- Prepare healthy meals according to clients’ care instructions
- Accompany clients to medical appointments and other appointments as needed
- Maintain open communication with clients’ families and care teams
- Ensure that clients’ living spaces remain safe, tidy, and comfortable
Companion Caregiver, New Day Health Services, Newport, RI
July 2011 – September 2018
- Provided friendly companionship to elderly clients with terminal illnesses
- Maintained daily schedule of meals, activities, medications, and care practices
- Ensured that clients’ living spaces were safe and free of potential hazards
- Performed light housekeeping tasks including vacuuming, dusting, and changing bed linens
- Adhered to clients’ care plans and company’s safety and care protocols at all times
- Engaged clients in daily stress-relieving activities such as reading and playing cards
Companion Caregiver, Dagny Home Care, Newport, RI
April 2007 – July 2011
- Engaged elderly clients in conversation and accessible activities
- Maintained a clean, safe home environment for clients
- Communicated frequently with clients’ care teams and families
- Built trust and rapport with clients
- Cooked meals and performed light cleaning duties
Gerontology Associate of Applied Science
COASTLINE COLLEGE, Newport, RI, September 2009 – June 2011
- Patient, friendly, professional
- Housekeeping and cooking
- Care plan adherence
- Strong communication
- CPR certification, 2007 to present
- First aid certification, 2007 to present
Common Key Skills and Action Verbs for Companion Caregiver Resumes
It’s important to highlight the key skills and appropriate action verbs that hiring managers and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) look out for to identify potential job candidates. An ATS scans your resume and evaluates it based on the number of keywords and phrases that match before highlighting it for hiring managers. So, the more skill keywords you include on your resume, the higher the chances a hiring manager will see it and bring you in for an interview.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Meal preparation and cooking||Communication Skills|
|Scheduling||Friendly, personable, outgoing, communicative|
|Companionship||Games and other activities|
Tips for Writing a Better Companion Caregiver Resume
Write an eye-catching professional profile
Writing a professional profile that summarizes your experience, achievements, and skills is a great way to not only introduce yourself to hiring managers, but it helps differentiate you from other job candidates as well. Make sure you’re highlighting the most important things and quantifying where possible.
Award-winning companion caregiver. Hard working and reliable.
Companion caregiver with several years of experience caring for sick clients.
Quantify your companion caregiver experience on your resume
Quantifying your companion caregiver experience gives hiring managers a clearer picture of the scope of your skills and abilities. When writing your resume bullets for professional experience, see if you can include answers to the following questions, “how much?” or “how many?” For example:
- How many clients did you take care of on a daily or weekly basis?
- How many companion caregivers did you work with or train?
- How many care team members did you communicate with per week?
Provided companion caregiver services to multiple clients.
Engaged clients in activities.
How to Align Your Resume With the Job Description
Hiring managers are looking for candidates who fit their needs, and to find someone, they need to look at a lot of candidates. Including skills and experience on your resume that mirror what’s detailed in the job description can be crucial to standing out in a sea of applicants.
Not sure what skills and experiences you should be featuring? Typically, the most important requirements for the position are listed first in the job description, or are mentioned more than once. Compare your resume to the company’s job description and make sure it describes how you can deliver on those key priorities. Focus on your notable contributions and major attributes and steer clear of bland descriptions or copy and pasting.
Example Companion Caregiver Job Description
There’s No Place Like Home…Care provides compassionate in-home care to enable the elderly to continue living in their houses as they age. As a Companion Caregiver, you will provide companionship, household management, and personal assistance in a way that allows elderly people to meet their needs for care and socialization while remaining in the place they call home. Put your caregiving skills to good use in this client-centered, care-driven work environment. Companion Caregivers must be responsible, caring, and flexible individuals with experience in household management for non-medical, in-home support services.
- Provide companionship to elderly clients, engaging them in conversation and gentle activities
- Carry out non-medical, in-home support services, including home management (light housekeeping, laundry, bed-making, trash removal)
- Assist with meal planning and preparation (grocery shopping, medication reminders)
- Transport clients to errands, appointments, and shopping trips
- Maintain a safe, welcoming home environment
- Adhere to clients’ individualized care plans
- High school diploma
- At least 1 year of caregiving experience, preferably to an elderly patient
- CPR and First Aid certification preferred
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of patience and compassion
- Valid driver’s license with clean DMV record
- Physical ability to complete tasks as outlined here
According to the job description, the ideal job applicant should have the following qualities and/or experience:
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Cooking/meal preparation
Next, take what you highlighted from the job description and make sure to include your experience and skills that match. Below is an example of how to incorporate them in your resume to your advantage:
Companion Caregiver Work Experience Example
Home Health Brigade, October 2014 – Present
- Provided compassionate care and companionship to clients using patient and friendly
- Managed daily household tasks, including cooking and meal preparation, grocery shopping, light cleaning, trash removal, and bed-making.
- Organized clients’ schedules and transported them to appointments and other excursions.
- Communicated clearly and effectively with clients’ care teams and families to ensure quality of care remained high and consistent.