Cashier Cover Letter and Resume Example (Text Form)
Facts About This Resume:
- Candidate has five consecutive years of cashiering experience.
- Candidate has held two long-term cashier positions.
- Candidate has relevant skills.
Click on the tabs to toggle between the example Resume and example Cover Letter
- Resume Example
- Cover Letter Example
123 Your Street, Lexington, SC 12345
Dependable cashier with five consecutive years of experience, including long-term roles in grocery and restaurant positions. Friendly, outgoing individual who works well with other team members to deliver top-notch customer service in a fast-paced environment. Three-time Employee of the Month award recipient this year.
Professional ExperienceThompson's Family Grocery Store, Lexington, SC
Lead Cashier, March 2017 — Present
- Accept cash, debit, credit, check and EBT payments
- Count and assemble post-shift deposits for all cashiers at closing time
- Assist front desk team with scheduling breaks and determining when to end shifts early
- Address customer concerns and effectively handle complaints
- Deliver exceptional customer service while scanning groceries or helping shoppers find items in the store
Front Line Cashier, January 2014 — March 2017
- Accepted cash, debit and credit payments
- Assembled orders in bags or on trays for customers
- Maintained front line and lobby supplies, including ketchup, napkins and cutlery
- Helped management address customer complaints
- Cleaned lobby, washed dishes and took out trash
EducationRiver Bluff Pointe Community College, Lexington, SC
Associate of Arts In General Studies, September 2014 — June 2016
- Team player
- Drawer countdown and deposit assembly
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds without assistance
- Time management
- ServSafe Food Handler
Dear [Hiring Manager],
Good afternoon. My name is Ella Anderson, and I am applying for the evening cashier position at Kaci's Clothing Store. Kinsley Jacobs, your morning cashier, notified me about this position because she feels I can meet the job requirements due to my outgoing personality and passion for fashion.
I regularly read style magazines and attend local fashion shows, so I'm well-versed in current trends. When I'm not manning the register, I can boost store sales by helping customers select outfits and accessories that enhance their unique personalities. I'm also comfortable offering shoppers an application for the store credit card or signing them up for Kaci's loyalty program. When I worked for Chuck's Chicken, I personally enrolled more than 500 new customers in the restaurant's rewards program.
As a current cashier for Thompson's Family Grocery Store, I quickly scan and bag customer's food, beverages and household essentials while chatting with shoppers. I understand the importance of staying busy while on the clock, and my manager often states that I have the cleanest station in the store. I have also been recognized as Employee of the Month three times this year.
I would like to meet with you to discuss my skills and experience at your earliest convenience. You can call me at (123) 456-7890 or email me at [email protected] Thank you for your consideration.
Sincerely, Ella Anderson [email protected] 123.456.7890