Business Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Business Student | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Address Seattle, WA 97201
January 1, 2022
Dear Mr. Johnson,
As a financial analyst intern at Seattle Investments, I had the opportunity to work with a team of financial analysts to analyze financial data for potential acquisitions. This experience allowed me to develop an expertise in investment strategy and market analysis, which makes me an ideal candidate for the financial analyst position with your organization.
Your company’s reputation for excellence and diversity is something that strongly resonates with my professional mindset, and I believe I can bring a fresh perspective to Fidelity based on some of my early career experiences:
- Supported the financial analysts in evaluating company financials and determining risk factors for potential acquisitions, which included conducting business modeling
- Attended meetings with the finance team and contributed to PowerPoint presentations outlining financial data on the growth potential of businesses
- Received coaching and mentorship for seasoned financial analysts and expanded knowledge of investment strategies and risk management
I hope to schedule an interview with you to provide more insights into how my financial analysis experience can aid your organization. You can contact me at your convenience with any questions you have about my background. I appreciate your consideration.
Business Operations Analyst | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Address St., Portland, OR 97201
January 1, 2022
Portland Med Device Inc.
Dear Mr. Smith,
As a business operations analyst at SouthWest Medical, I analyzed critical business operations and identified process improvement opportunities for a leading manufacturer of medical devices. My expertise in business analysis within the healthcare manufacturing space could be a strong asset to Portland Med Device Inc.
I am confident that my ability to identify creative business solutions aligns with your organization’s needs. I believe in Portland Med Device Inc’s commitment to operational excellence and feel that my business acumen could bring you added value based on the following accomplishments in my career:
- Evaluated critical business operations, identified process gaps, and proposed business solutions to streamline product delivery, which reduced cost by 10%
- Analyzed resource allocation for manufacturing processes and recommended enhancements to staffing, which reduced labor costs by $60K per year
- Developed financial reports for senior leadership on findings and attended meetings with the business operations team to discuss process improvement opportunities
I look forward to speaking with you regarding how my business analysis expertise can refine operations and reduce costs for your organization. You can schedule an interview with me via phone or email at your convenience. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Financial Analyst | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Address St., Philadelphia, PA 19019
January 1, 2022
Barclays Financial Firm
Dear Ms. Brown,
As a financial analyst at South Philly Investment Partners, I provided financial analysis support to the finance team for multi-million-dollar investment opportunities in technology startup companies. I hope to utilize my background in risk management to aid Barclays in defining investment strategies.
With eight years of experience within the finance industry, I feel that my skill sets will allow me to excel in Barclay’s challenging, fast-paced business environment. I pride myself on my ability to evaluate use cases and ROI for investment opportunities. I believe I can bring a nuanced perspective to your organization based on my career achievements:
- Analyzed potential ROI of multi-million-dollar investments and provided investment proposals based on key market indicators and economic factors
- Led a team of analysts and finance professionals to conduct due diligence and evaluate potential use cases for technology products, resulting in a $15M investment with a projected ROI of 150%
- Conducted financial reporting and delivered presentations to senior financial executives to develop short-term and long-term financial investment strategies
I look forward to telling you more about how I can help you refine investment strategies for your organization. You can contact me to schedule an interview at your convenience. Thank you for your consideration.
Business Manager | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Address St., New York, 98122
January 1, 2022
Senior Hiring Manager
Brooklyn Beverage Co.
Dear Ms. Rivera,
As a Senior Business Manager for New York Brewing, I defined pricing strategy and conducted business planning for a craft beverage product line generating over $20M in annual revenue. I hope to bring my expertise in business management within the food and beverage industry to aid the growth and scalability of Brooklyn Beverage Co.
With ten years of experience within the food and beverage industry, I believe that my expertise would be a valuable asset to your organization. I am intrigued by your reputation as an innovative creator of craft beer products and feel that I can offer unique insights to help you expand your market share based on the following achievements:
- Defined pricing strategy for a suite of craft beer beverage products based on competitor analysis and identified opportunities to enhance product efficiency, resulting in a 40% increase in sales
- Negotiated with vendors to secure optimal pricing for production materials and ingredients, which reduced costs by $500K over two years
- Managed P&L valued at over $10M, analyzed company financials, defined strategies to aid the business in scaling operations, and improved margins by 5%
I hope to hear back from you soon for an interview to tell you more about how my expertise in the beverage industry can aid the growth of Brooklyn Beverage Co. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience to schedule a time via phone or email. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Business Cover Letter Checklist
A strong business cover letter should contain these five main elements:
1. Heading. Using a professional template will improve the visual appeal of your cover letter. Be sure your heading contains:
- Your name, title, and contact info
- The date you sent it
- The hiring manager’s details
2. Salutation. Greet the hiring manager by name — Mr. or Ms. [Last Name]. If you can’t find the hiring manager’s name, use “Dear Hiring Manager” instead.
3. Introduction. You want to develop an introduction that grabs the reader’s attention and showcases your ability to create value for the organization. Focus on highlighting a particular skill set or qualification that the organization is looking for.
4. Body paragraphs. You should include two paragraphs that detail key achievements from your work experience and education. Including a list of bullet points can help break up the walls of text so that the hiring manager can easily review your professional accomplishments.
5. Closing section. Your closing section should include a call to action (CTA) that invites the hiring manager for an interview. Be sure to reinforce how your experience can be an asset to the company. Don’t forget to thank the hiring manager for their time and consideration.
Your cover letter needs to open with a compelling introduction to capture the hiring manager’s interest. You’ll want to select a key achievement from your professional experience and reorient the content for the paragraph. Showcasing an accomplishment that has a strong monetary figure or financial metric behind it can be a great way to demonstrate your business acumen with a tangible example. Below, you’ll see some examples of how to construct your cover letter introduction.
As a business manager with five years of experience, I feel confident in my qualifications for the position with your company. I am excited about this opportunity to help further grow my financial skills.
You’ll continue to showcase your qualifications for the position you’re applying for in your body paragraphs. You should also provide some context for why you’re interested in the role and how your background aligns with the organization’s needs, mission statement, or work culture. However, be careful not to spend too much time talking about the company itself, as you want to keep the hiring manager’s focus on your accomplishments.
Next, you’ll want to create a list of bullet points featuring achievements from your work experience to demonstrate your financial and business expertise. You need to provide basic context for the accomplishment and include hard numbers for the results. If you can’t quantify an achievement, you should only list it if you can explain the value it brought to the company. Below, you’ll see an example of creating your body paragraph.
- Analyzed inventory and conducted forecasting for four major product lines generating over $50M in annual revenue to prevent product shortages across the territory
- Developed strategies for retail and e-commerce businesses and secured strategic partnerships with major retailers, which grew market share by 15%
- Managed a cross-functional team of 25 business analysts, financial analysts, and product marketing specialists to drive operational excellence
- Overseeing inventory for product lines and conducting forecasting
- Creating business strategies to support retail and e-commerce
- Managing a team of professionals and delegated tasks and responsibilities
Your closing paragraph needs to feature a call to action that invites the hiring manager to bring you in for an interview. This is your final opportunity to make a positive impression on the reader, so try to restate the value you hope to bring to the company based on your area of expertise. It’s also important to remember to thank the hiring manager for their time at the end of your paragraph. Being considerate and polite demonstrates that you’re professional in your business communications. Below, you’ll see an example of how to create a strong closing paragraph.
I look forward to setting up an interview with you to provide more insights into how my P&L management skills can improve gross margins for your retail business. I am available at your convenience to schedule a time via phone or email. I appreciate your time and consideration.
I am extremely enthusiastic about the opportunity to work at your retail company. This will be an excellent chance for me to grow in my career as a business manager. Thank you very much for your time.